Midtower Case?

prodigee

Gawd
So I am going off to college in the fall, and I really want to bring my new rig that I am building with me. I want to keep it classy, I was thinking something along the lines of a Lian Li or a Silverstone. I want something with good cable management, but looks sleek and unassuming. You know classy.

So with that said what do you guys recommend I get? I would prefer a black case as well.

FT02 if you've got the depth for it! You can also place it on the ground (which it'll be totally fine). It's a mid-tower height with a full tower's length.

What's your budget? I like me some x900 (high end) or Lancool K7b (low end)..Also the Lian Li-9F looks good (mid range).

X900:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=500&cl_index=1&sc_index=26&ss_index=69

K7B:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112154

9F

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=526&cl_index=1&sc_index=26&ss_index=69

I think the Silverstone FT02 is a great design and I like the looks but my two issues with that case...

1) No stealth door for the optical drive. This is a deal breaker for me. You can get those for any Lian Li case even the cheapo Lancool.. why spend all that money on a super stylish sleek case to have a garish plastic cheapo looking optical drive poking through? Would apple do that to their super expensive rip off Macs? Hell no.

2) Can't put stuff on top of your case. As a disogranized person I like to have a spot to put some papers and stuff on top of my case.. The FT02 sacrifices that.. thats not an issue for an HTPC though - so I could use one for that - if not for the first problem.

It's too bad cause for me I totally prefer the hybrid constructions of most Silverstones (steel or steel and aluminum) to the all aluminum of the normal Lian Lis..

I really like the look of the PC-9F from Lian Li and looks like it has what I need. What are your guys' views on getting a PC-v1000 if I can find one? I loved the look of those chassis, and they seem to be really good in the cable management department as well.

Last edited:
^^^I don't think they had ANY cable management.. You probably saw a modded case if it had neat cabling..IMHO. It is still pretty nice looking - looks like a Mac Pro or whatever they call it from the outside.

Still internally I'd take a cheap K60 over that case..Lian Li cases have got ALOT better.

FT02 if you've got the depth for it! You can also place it on the ground (which it'll be totally fine). It's a mid-tower height with a full tower's length.

I'll second that motion ;)

But if you're room limited the corsair 600T looks nice. The Lian li are good if you can pay the price premium.

^^^I don't think they had ANY cable management.. You probably saw a modded case if it had neat cabling..IMHO. It is still pretty nice looking - looks like a Mac Pro or whatever they call it from the outside.

Still internally I'd take a cheap K60 over that case..Lian Li cases have got ALOT better.
I love the look of them, but they are hard to find right now, and damn expensive. I think that the PC-9F may be a better option right now.
I'll second that motion ;)

But if you're room limited the corsair 600T looks nice. The Lian li are good if you can pay the price premium.

I don't like the look of the 600T there is something about it that just bothers me and I am not sure quite what it is.

I love the look of them, but they are hard to find right now, and damn expensive. I think that the PC-9F may be a better option right now.

I don't like the look of the 600T there is something about it that just bothers me and I am not sure quite what it is.

I'd have to agree with you there. The outside looks kind of 90's.......

However the overall features, price, and size had me wanting it still.

Back