Midranged *VA panels

alexthebored

Weaksauce
Are there any known midranged *VA panels being released between now and summer?

It seems right now we have the Dell 2408 on the "high end" at $700CAD, while on the "low end" (but not to slam it by any means) the Westinghouse L2410NM at around $350CAD.

It seems there are few choices that fall between this range (at least in Canada)... something with both DVI and HDMI, but doesn't necessarily have all the features of the Dell, and rests at around $500. The Samsung 245T feels like it should fall into this category, but it's priced almost as high as the Dell.

So, any ideas? Should we just keep an ear out for any announcements?

My suggestion to you is to just consider buying an older model VA panel, such as the 2407 or, preferably, one of the P-MVA BenQ's if you can find one.

The reason being that VA technology has not made any significant improvements since they first achieved 1000:1 contrast ratio and new models offer little to nothing over last year's models in terms of picture quality. The exception being the A-MVA panel which I can't seem to find anywhere except in one BenQ that is no longer for sale.

I'd love to hear about some cheap p-mva or s-pva monitors other than the soyo.. are there any in the below $400 price range? it really sucks that some models switch panels without it saying anything on the box description

I'd love to hear about some cheap p-mva or s-pva monitors other than the soyo.. are there any in the below $400 price range? it really sucks that some models switch panels without it saying anything on the box description

The Westinghouse L2410NM which is on sale is mva you might like that. The other options will be buying Used since you're looking at buying under $400 or look at a non 24" screen eg" the 2007wfp which might fit your needs.

The 2407-HC is still $600CAD, and unfortunately it only comes with one DVI/HDMI output, and then there's the input lag issues. It seems like the extra $100 would be worth it to go to the 2408, but that just puts you back on the high end...

I can't find any BenQ 241Ws, used or new.

It seems like there's a really gaping hole in the market for a monitor like this

The Westinghouse L2410NM which is on sale is mva you might like that. The other options will be buying Used since you're looking at buying under $400 or look at a non 24" screen eg" the 2007wfp which might fit your needs.

The L2410NM has 170/160 viewing angles, sounds more like a TN to me.

The discrepancy in the specs is well-documented. Long story short, Westinghouse went ahead and shipped with the wrong specs printed
on the packaging to save money. The specs were corrected in later runs, but the website specs (Westinghouse's site) have always been correct.

It's unfortunate that I can't even settle for the best TN panel that suits my needs (Gateway FHD2400) as it isn't sold in Canada.

snakeplissken I could kiss you. I returned my acer 24" tn and got the westinghouse 24" mva and it's like night and day difference. so happy with it

Back