Mid tower or full tower ? The TJ09/TJ10

Question: Why does it matter which designation it is?

(Not a smart-ass question; just curious)

yeah the designation is just a label, just go by the specs. I just got the TJ10 and it's about the same height and width as other mid's I've had but it's depth is a few inches more. The 10 is a bit longer than the 09 too because of the door. But for a "mid" it's got lots of room inside.

Question: Why does it matter which designation it is?

(Not a smart-ass question; just curious)

Full tower usually have better airflow. Besides im replacing a full otwer with one of these and so i wont need to worry whether it'll fit my desk or not.

So it's a mid tower?

Aren't they both full towers? I mean they're effin' huge!! I had a TJ06 and although it is taller, overall the TJ09/10 is still bigger. Comparing my old Cooler Master mid tower ATCS's, to my TJ09, there is simply no way that this is a mid tower case....

LoL I tend to agree, its like saying a hummer is a mid sized SUV, but then again who knows. On their website they designate it just as a Tower chassis.

Aren't they both full towers? I mean they're effin' huge!! I had a TJ06 and although it is taller, overall the TJ09/10 is still bigger. Comparing my old Cooler Master mid tower ATCS's, to my TJ09, there is simply no way that this is a mid tower case....

The TJ09 and TJ10 are both mid-towers, The TJ07 is a full tower.

I'm looking at replacing my Stacker with something smaller. Was considering the TJ10. Is the TJ10 any smaller than the Stacker or is it just as big and cumbersome to carry?

Having seen my TJ09 side by side with a Lian Li v2100a Plus II, I'd say that the TJ09 and TJ10 are very roomy mid towers. They were noticeably shorter than the full tower v2100a in height but just about as deep in depth.

As for carrying either the stacker or the TJ10, not that feasible unless you're the Incredible Hulk. Both of those cases are pretty big and I wouldn't want either one of them as a LAN box . . .

I wouldnt say airflow is better in a full tower vs. a mid or even mini. Its all a matter of how well planned out the airflow is inside the case. With a full tower you just need more fans to create the same internal velocity as a smaller case with less fans. I have seen some smaller cases which do a much better job at airflow than any mid or large tower.

Having seen my TJ09 side by side with a Lian Li v2100a Plus II, I'd say that the TJ09 and TJ10 are very roomy mid towers. They were noticeably shorter than the full tower v2100a in height but just about as deep in depth.

As for carrying either the stacker or the TJ10, not that feasible unless you're the Incredible Hulk. Both of those cases are pretty big and I wouldn't want either one of them as a LAN box . . .

I used to LAN with my Stacker without problem :p

I'm just looking for something smaller since I move often enough that the Stacker is starting to be a hindrance.

Besides im replacing a full otwer with one of these and so i wont need to worry whether it'll fit my desk or not.

So it's a mid tower?

1. Check it's dimensions.
2. Measure your hole.
3. Continue breeding rabbits.

let put it this way;
TJ07 is heavy weight
TJ09 & 10 is middle heavy weight
if the rest of the cases are smaller than TJ09 & 10 then they're light middle weight :D

I like mid towers. They are a good compromise between cooling and size. Don't get the small cases though. They are generally harder to work with and have less cooling.

I've never seen one up close, but from what I've read, they're just mid-towers.

Back