• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

mid-range card desicion

dogbyte_13

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
1,486
Ok here are my choices, im trying to keep it under 120 because in 6-12 months i will most likely be upgrading to a 8800GTX of some sort or a 2900O(if they get the drivers good), I play WoW, Warhammer online(when it comes out), FPS type games and some RPG.

ATI 2400
Geforce 8600GT
Geforce 7600GT
​
 
Ok here are my choices, im trying to keep it under 120 because in 6-12 months i will most likely be upgrading to a 8800GTX of some sort or a 2900O(if they get the drivers good), I play WoW, Warhammer online(when it comes out), FPS type games and some RPG.​


ATI 2400
Geforce 8600GT
Geforce 7600GT​

Love the sig--I have 2 C64s and an Amiga 2000 sitting on the spare desk to my left as I type this!

The ATi 2400 is 100% hopeless. Don't waste your money.

Between the 7600 and 8600, it's a little bit of a tossup, but I'd go with the 8600.

Best value in your price range right now, though, is an X1950 Pro with a good mail-in rebate. It outperforms all of the above except in video playback, and the fact that it lacks DX10, but the two DX10 cards on your list will not have the horsepower to play DX10 games well anyway.
 
Back
Top