Mid/Full sized Case Recommendations

BlackGuyRX

n00b
I've got a Fractal Design Define R4 case for my build, but unfortunately, some components went missing a while back and it's a bit of a pain to put back together, so I'm looking to look for a decent replacement and actually put it together properly, either full-size or mid-size. Here's my build-
Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX, Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

My limit is around 130 bucks, and USB 3.0 ports somewhere on the front. Other than that, I'm not sure what I want in a case. Don't really give a crap about water-cooling or anything of that level.

We can probably help with those parts depending on what all's missing, but if you're wanting a good upgrade the Define R5 or Define S would be the natural progression, especially if you're keen on maintaining good sound dampening.

I just realized I never gave you an answer here. I thought I did but I guess I didn't click the post button or something. Sorry about that.

The USB 3.0 cable's pretty lengthy. I measured a little over 27" from the front I/O. As long as the USB 3.0 header on your board isn't just right up against the bracket (like within a few inches), you shouldn't have any issues routing the cable behind the back plate.

Cooler Master Mastercase pro 5. I recently bought one myself after handing down my Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl. The CM is a great case and I've been extremely happy with it. Lots of room to work in and the build quality is exceptional, very sturdy. It also has 2 usb 3.0 ports in the front like you need. Check it out.

NZXT S340 gets my vote if you don't need front drive bays. I managed to fit everything I had in my full size Silverstone FT02-BW which was /large/ in the NZXT without a problem and with similar temps. They run about $75.

Of course, talking to the Fractal dude and getting whatever you're missing would probably be the cheapest route, and the R4 is a solid case.

Back