Mid-Card LCD?

Landyin

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
76
I'm currently looking to buy an LCD monitor after having my NEC DP930SB for a few years. After trying to lug that beast around at quakecon last year, I decided I needed an LCD for easier traveling. That being said, I only have an ATI x800Pro. So that leaves out any top of the line LCD monitors, as my card might not even be able to pull off games at its native resolution. So i need your guys' help. What LCD monitor should I get that my video card will support at native resolution? Preferable a 4:3/5:4 aspect ratio, as I don't like stretching, and I use it mostly for gaming, and maybe watching some TV episodes. Native resolution of 1280x1024 would be nice.
 
I have a vanilla x800 running on a 20.1" Widescreen Viewsonic. I can't turn all of the things up to max (like my 7800gt machine), but it runs fine in games.....Plus the 20 inch widescreens are close to $300 now.
 
what resolution is that at? I'm afraid to run at anything over 1280x1024, for fear of making image quality worse in order to play.
 
Back
Top