• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mics on Webcams

Rahburt-33

Gawd
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
763
I'm considering buying a webcam for my computer
The only question I have
Is that if a webcam comes with a built in mic, could I use the mic at any time, or does the webcam software have to be running? I'd like to be able to use the mic during gaming and just regular calls. (I'm not to picky on quality, because my voice naturally sounds like garbage when it's recorded.)

This seems like it would work, but I don't want to spend money on something and then have to spend more money on the same thing.
Yes, no, maybe so? Thanks in advance.
 
I have a logitech Quickcam and when plugged in, the mic is an audio device... so you should be fine with just the drivers.
 
I use a webcam mic as well.. the only issue is that it has more room echo than a headset type mic.
 
Back
Top