Microsoft's Ultimate Steal - Office Ultimate 2007 - $59.95

I just went home for lunch attempting the "clean install" method, which really defeats the purpose of buying an "upgrade". I will have to see whats happening when I get home tonight.

Please let us know if that works out for you.
Or, PM if you get a chance.

Thanks!

Is this legal or not, downloading the ISO from a torrent and using a valid key? I see no reason why it would be but you never know. It's pretty much the key that's worth anything and the media is worth nothing from my line of thinking.

Please let us know if that works out for you.
Or, PM if you get a chance.

Thanks!

I am still at work, running software updates right now ><, hopefully it wont take to long but I will let you guys know within a couple of hours. Unless I go get Spore after then I might get distracted... :)

Is this legal or not, downloading the ISO from a torrent and using a valid key? I see no reason why it would be but you never know. It's pretty much the key that's worth anything and the media is worth nothing from my line of thinking.

It doesn't matter what media you use as long as your key is valid. The Vista install disk is the same exact thing across all versions and the key just tells the installer what version to install. So you can DL a Home/Business ISO, install it and then upgrade it to Ultimate using the same ISO and your valid key. At least that's my theory, I just started using Vista not to long ago.

The attempt to do a clean install from the Upgrade I got from Digital River failed...

Now try to do a complete clean install with my Vista Business Media and then trying to upgrade from there...

I dunno what to tell you guys it my be time to get on the phone..

I'm logged in and all I can choose is Office and Visio, but I wanna get the Language Pack which isn't showing up.

For shits and giggles I did a straight install of Ultimate from Vista Business DVD. I didnt enter a CD-Key. So after the install completed I tried activating using my Upgrade key it was a no go. So decided to run the Ultimate Update for the hell of it. Right now my laptop is currently being upgraded from Ultimate to Ultimate lol. I put my CD-Key in when I ran the upgrade so far it is going with no complaints.

It going pretty fast too since it has nothing to upgrade lol...

ya that didn't work.. wrote an angry email to Digital River demanding a solution or a refund

Could always order the disk too but i heard that can take up to 2 months kind of a long wait. Anyway i'm still waiting on a reply to my email sent a day or 2 ago.

Could always order the disk too but i heard that can take up to 2 months kind of a long wait. Anyway i'm still waiting on a reply to my email sent a day or 2 ago.

And it is $13 dollars ><, I have a friend who has a copy of this. I am going to have to ask him to borrow it. I am pissed that download content doesn't work, however the License is valid and that's all the really matters to me. I will find a way around it without having to pay more money! :D

I just heard back from support. They will have a solution within 48 hours. For my trouble, they are giving me a credit. They seem to be on the right track now.

Good to know they are acknowledging the issue at least now. The easy fix imo would be to just provide the isos from msdn and not worry about this retarded installer.

Yeah an iso would be what i was hoping for. I have a friend with a copy also i'll just see if i can burn it, shoudl fix the problem. At least they are fixing the problem, if they could get the whole vista install in 89 megs though i give them props.

It seems the issue may be getting resolved atm. When trying to buy the Vista Ultimate deal the link to my .edu acc does not give me the option for Ultimate. Maybe they pulled to option until a fix is found?

I just heard back from support. They will have a solution within 48 hours. For my trouble, they are giving me a credit. They seem to be on the right rack now.

Woot sweet, they have yet to respond to my email yet. Good know you heard something. Hopefully I will get a credit too. :D Keep us posted croc!

Yes! I just got an official notice saying it fixed.

It appears to be working so far.

They split the download into 3 files and didn't sent anyone the links to the other 2. the orginal file VistaSetupPrep.exe + now download links for the missing install.wim and boot.wim files.

I'm downloading install.wim now, it's 3.3gb, boot.wim is 144mb

33minutes left @ 1.5MB/s (gotta love university internet)

Installed...It worked.
Plus they refunded 50%

Plus they refunded 50%

Just saw this email as well.... Vista Ultimate 64 for $32.50, can't beat that!

I only wish I'd have bought my 2nd copy (for the wife) before they fixed it. Now I'm sure when I do it will be "full" price. :p

Woot, DLing now. I got two emails! Maybe I will get credited twice kekeke....

Thanks for verifying that the download worked hackmeat. Congrats to everyone that stuck through it and got 50% off!

Guess I'm too late to the party. Vista is labelled "temporarily unavailable"

well, my CC has been charged, my key was emailed to me, but their server timed out (and then was down for a few minutes) during completion of the order. i am unable to download because i have no orders.

but luckily, my '07 disc from work accepted my key and im good for now. ive emailed them for help.

just FYI.

For some reason I still have the vista ultimate upgrade in my cart, but I don't really want it for $65. If I could get it for half price, on the other hand... :p

I'm going to say how happy I am with Digital Rivers changes to the language pack install. I remember how much of a headache it was to install the on my aunt bought last year compared to how this one installs. Best discription is butter!

What would be the easiest way to install this as a clean install? I have a full legit copy of Windows XP and I would much rather just do a straight install / maybe dual boot and keep my xp on the drive.

I got one of these last time around. Great reasonable price at only $60 for the Ultimate version.

all is good. their help desk emailed me back.

for some reason, logging in, i saw no orders. changed my password and logged in, bam! there it was to DL.

but i wasted 13$ because my 07 disc from work worked just fine, i could have just copied that.

Hrmm I haven't had my credit card refunded yet, and new digital download still gives me the error when I try to upgrade...

I got an error too. I look it up on the web and apparently you can only upgrade to vista64 from a 64 bit os. I found a way around it by creating an iso using vlite and I install vista64 fine.

Got my copy last semester for the same price.. Its nothing new, but still a great deal. You can actually install it LEGALLY on 2 computers (meant for desktop and laptop installation). Its one key, but allows a copy.

Great deal.
Office lets you do that, windows doesn't.

I purchased this deal back in Jan 08 and installed it on my laptop. I have since got a new laptop and need to buy another version. Anyone know if I can use the same email address to purchase another copy?
Thanks

I purchased this deal back in Jan 08 and installed it on my laptop. I have since got a new laptop and need to buy another version. Anyone know if I can use the same email address to purchase another copy?
Thanks

No idea, but you should be able to re-install your old copy on your new computer with the same key. ;)

Awesome, I was too lazy to read the fine print. I can install on my lappy and desktop... killer.

I had the same problem as many as you. I had a vista dvd from the powertogether promotion from last summer that I tried to use. It would not let me use my new key. My theory is that the keys they issued us only work for SP1. The vista dvd I had was the original release of vista.

Back