• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Microsoft XP Professional Installer pop-up

frankyk

Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
891
I have a dell laptop that has XP Professional, everytime I load up Outlook or Word, the XP Professional installer thing pops up that asks me to pop in the CD to install some crap or something.

I hit cancel, and the program works fine, but I'm just trying to figure out, how the hell to get rid of the dialog box that keeps asking me to update or install something. I can get rid of it when I hit cancel but I don't want it to ever pop up again.

I tried the help --> detect and repair thing but that didn't work.

Any ideas?
 
It sounds like you have a corrupt or missing file. Have you tried putting the CD in when it ask for it? When I have problems with Word/Office I un-install it and do a fresh install. That almost always takes care of it. Do you have the CD for Office? If so, give it a try! :)

Kathy
 
It would be quite helpful for you to tell us what it's asking for.
 
Back
Top