Microsoft Xbox One Without Kinect Bundled?

So, it looks like Back to the Future 2 predictions may come to pass after all. It is just going to take a little longer than 2015 though. :D

Breaking News: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer plans to retire within the next year, according to The Associated Press. The company's board of directors has started the process of looking for its next leader.

Man I cant understand the hate towards kinect. Yes the xbox one is expensive and I am not buying one, I am going for the ps4. I never deny the fact that kinect is one hell of a technology, specially the second gen coming with xbox one. Yes it turns on your system, but it does much much more.

I don't think it is the hate for the kinect device itself, but more that you can't buy a Xbox One without it. Bundling the Kinect with the Xbox One is what makes it more expensive.

With PS4 pre-orders dominating the Xbox One, Microsoft will pretty much have no choice but to offer a cheaper, Kinect-less version of the Xbox one if they want to generate more sales.

I don't think it is the hate for the kinect device itself, but more that you can't buy a Xbox One without it. Bundling the Kinect with the Xbox One is what makes it more expensive.

With PS4 pre-orders dominating the Xbox One, Microsoft will pretty much have no choice but to offer a cheaper, Kinect-less version of the Xbox one if they want to generate more sales.

I always thought it was the fact that you couldn't disconnect the kinect device, ie, disable it or the xbone won't work.

It's shocking to think how far the xbox has come. Even if you just look at the first 360 and it's UI to now, it's remarkable.

If you told someone to go back to just the release day UI, they would be very put off. To say that in a few years that we wouldn't take voice/recognition for granted seems very naive.

I know people want just two buttons and a d-pad for a controller, and to blow in cartridges, but the tech world evolves.

The irony with that last statement (about the "blow in cartridges" thing) is that due to how cheap memory is nowadays, cartridges would be better than any optical medium. Almost zero access-times, tons of storage, way more durable than discs, more able to curb piracy (at least for a little while :p)... Yeah - I wouldn't mind going back to blowing in cartridges. :D

But I definitely agree with your first statements. It will be interesting to see how advanced they get with their UI.

It does sound really neat. It's a nice device, no doubt. But, do I want voice functionality for $100? The answer for me is no. I probably won't use the Kinect for any gaming (unless a killer game is released). So, I'm basing my decision on everything without the Kinect. Can I justify the additional $100 cost for the One? Not quite sure yet. Some great games, a great system with some great features. But, I'm going for the consoles, not the accessories that I won't use.

I don't care that it comes with the Kinect. I just won't base my purchase decision on it. So, if that's all the extra $100 gives me? No thanks.

I probably won't use the Kinect for any gaming (unless a killer game is released).

your dream game has docked

xbFhbXh.jpg

The irony with that last statement (about the "blow in cartridges" thing) is that due to how cheap memory is nowadays, cartridges would be better than any optical medium. Almost zero access-times, tons of storage, way more durable than discs, more able to curb piracy (at least for a little while :p)... Yeah - I wouldn't mind going back to blowing in cartridges. :D

A Blu-ray disc holds up to 50 GB. 50 GB of flash memory is still not cost competitive with Blu-ray. Maybe the next generation of solid state storage using memristors.

your dream game has docked

Oh sweet Jesus! I'm just hearing about this now!?

Even the Kinect Star Wars game was horrible. Raving Rabbids? Sucked on Kinect. My wife has a couple workout ones, but they were pretty bad, too. Maybe with the Kinect out there on every machine, we'll get some good developers making some good games for it. Still, I'm not making my purchase with the Kinect in mind.

Back