• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Microsoft Visual C++ error on Half-Life Source

tuaarita

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
2,512
So I purchased Half-Life Source this morning from Steam, I already had bunch of other Source-games installed (including Half-Life Source Deathmatch, which runs fine), but I got following error when I tried to run HL:S.

Code:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: c:\prog...

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I hit Enter and right after that comes

Code:
hl2.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0e6ee67f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I have tried all the logical solutions, downloaded the files again, looked all around for solutions etc. What the heck is this?


SOLVED, I DID THIS

Go to c:windows\system32\engine.dll Make sure its 7.50kb or 8.00kb and remove it and problem sovled.
if not i dont know then. It worked for me.
.
 
Back
Top