Microsoft Vista RC2 Pulled - Why?

Jon855

[H]ard DCOTM January 2008
I want to install the RC2 beta of Vista and I don't understand why did they pull it off and are only serving the RC1 releases?

I've not been that up to date but why?

You can find the RC2 build if you look around on the correct P2P sites. If this is bad advice please edit it mod. I figured it would be ok since it wont do any good if you dont have a key for RC1 the RC2 dl wont help you.

Jon855 said:
I want to install the RC2 beta of Vista and I don't understand why did they pull it off and are only serving the RC1 releases?

I've not been that up to date but why?
RC2 was a copy/time limited thing. There isn't really all that much difference anyways. Internal MS has at least 3 more builds that we will never see out here. If RC1 lets you connect to the net, you are good to go. :D

Let me see if I understand this right... So if you have a key for RC1, you're golden for RC2? Just install and the key will work?

RC2 was limited to 200,000 downloads and it reached the limit within 72 hours of release. Beta and RC1 key can work on RC2 if you know where to find or know someone with RC2.

Yup, the same key works for both.
I DL'ed it a few weeks ago and just now got around to installing it last night.
I'd suspect you can find a copy in any number of places, although obviously MS no longer has it.
To be honest, I'm not really sold on the OS anyway. Seems pretty, but some things are needlessly complicated.

Domingo said:
Seems pretty, but some things are needlessly complicated.

Yeah, that's true for some parts of it.. I can't get myself away from how it looks though.. very pretty.

I'll look around for RC2... thanks guys

For me it I love the look of the menus and the program screens...but the "start" menu or whatever they call it now seems like a mess. No matter what color I make it, it's still hideous.
I also did an upgrade and it seems like the documents folder is jacked up. Everything has been divided into 3-4 directories instead of one. Trying to get things to run through my 360 via media center is a nightmare.

Back