Microsoft Virtual CD and mounting ISO's across the network

3one5

Gawd
This is probably the coolest thing I've done with my computer in a long time. I ripped all of my DVD's to ISO and put them on my server. Then I use Microsoft's Virtual CD control panel to mount the ISO on any computer in the house to watch the movie. Works out great!

I'm thinking of using something like this for my game .isos. I'm getting tired of putting in my Tiger Woods CD everytime I want to play.

I use daemon tools to much the same effect. I currently have diablo and hellfire mounted right now. :D

I hadn't realized how *old* these games were. :D

I'm a big fan and user of Microsoft's Virtual CD... nice and simple nothing to install, just an EXE that does WHAT I need it to WHEN I need it to.

djnes said:
I'm thinking of using something like this for my game .isos. I'm getting tired of putting in my Tiger Woods CD everytime I want to play.

djnes can you tell me if you get it working. I just tried my TW2006 Courses disk and it keeps prompting for it when I try to run it. I gave the iso cd_label the same name as the original cd also..

Even went into the registry and changed the cddrive parameter to Z: (even though I know you shouldn't).

Are there special parameters to enable when burning the iso maybe?

The ISO mounting programs don't report as true CD-ROM drives if you query the correct API's. Some games do a quick check, others are more thorough.

KevinO said:
djnes can you tell me if you get it working. I just tried my TW2006 Courses disk and it keeps prompting for it when I try to run it. I gave the iso cd_label the same name as the original cd also..

Even went into the registry and changed the cddrive parameter to Z: (even though I know you shouldn't).

Are there special parameters to enable when burning the iso maybe?
I may be skirting the rules here, but you need something like Alcohol 120% to make the images, since they are copy protected. Technically, I feel it's legal if you own the game, but I'm nott sure how others would feel about that.

Since it is the only game I really play that requires the CD, I just kind of gave up on it. I just hate leaving the CD's in my machine. Maybe I am just anal about those things :eek:

Back