Microsoft Updates Microsoft Services Agreement to Clarify Xbox Tracking

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Microsoft is sending a new service agreement notice to users that log into their Hotmail account that requires them to accept the agreement or they can no longer use Hotmail. This kind of agreement is normal, however, among many things this one is saying that you have to agree to tracking of your Xbox gaming activities and usage patterns so they can be shared with third party game developers. Seems kind of lame to me since Hotmail and Xbox have nothing to do with each other. However, they are lumped under the banner of Microsoft Services so I see what they are doing. Just be aware of what you agree to. Check out the full agreement here or the changes here. Change 14 is the one regarding Xbox tracking. Thanks d3athf1sh.

In the Xbox section, we’ve clarified that when you sign up to Xbox Live or receive Xbox Services, information about your game play, activities and usage of games and Xbox Services will be tracked and shared with applicable third party game developers...

Interesting. Good thing I dont own an Xbox or Xbox live account. Now if we could only get Windows 10 to not come prebundled with Xbox adware from MS.

Sounds like a non issue. I'd be surprised if Steam didn't do this already. They certainly track you.

I someone really calling it hotmail a decade after it was rebranded?

im-watching-you.jpg

Sounds like a non issue. I'd be surprised if Steam didn't do this already. They certainly track you.

I someone really calling it hotmail a decade after it was rebranded?
Is that how Valve gives out GaBANs? I guess that's nothing Newell. Still doesn't make it OK.

Would be an issue but I don't trust hotmail, Gmail or any of their ilk anyway.

Back