Microsoft Update DVD ISO Download

Thanks for the link...I wonder if they ever changed these things...when I used them before all the updates were separate and had to be run one by one. It was easier to use windows update than have to do them individually :(

You can actually batch install a bunch of the files, w/o having to reboot.

Open notepad and type:
Code:
for %%f in (*.exe) do %%f /quiet /passive /norestart /n

Save it as batchInstall.bat or whatever and put it where you have all of the patch exe files. When you run it, it will install every patch in the directory in quite, passive and no restart mode.

MS used to distribute a CD-ROM with all of the patches, I have one for Windows 2000; that's actually what I was looking for, when I found that ISO. Much more convenient than waiting for them to mail me something. Plus I can mount the ISO using daemon tools and not have to worry about burning a DVD.

Oddly, the ISO file is only 387MB, not sure why they say it is a DVD5... stupid MS.

You can actually batch install a bunch of the files, w/o having to reboot.

Open notepad and type:
Code:
for %%f in (*.exe) do %%f /quiet /passive /norestart /n

Save it as batchInstall.bat or whatever and put it where you have all of the patch exe files. When you run it, it will install every patch in the directory in quite, passive and no restart mode.

MS used to distribute a CD-ROM with all of the patches, I have one for Windows 2000; that's actually what I was looking for, when I found that ISO. Much more convenient than waiting for them to mail me something. Plus I can mount the ISO using daemon tools and not have to worry about burning a DVD.

Oddly, the ISO file is only 387MB, not sure why they say it is a DVD5... stupid MS.

Awesome, thanks for the trick. Should make it much easier once I need to use it ;)

So if you reformat you'll have all the updates before connecting to the internet and such? I'm slightly confused and my noob side is coming out.

I think these are iso of updates that were released just in that month, if you click on august its 2.8gb, I doubt they lost 2gb+ going to september. Every month is a different size. If this is really just that months updates on a disc, it seems more of a pain to swap discs a bunch then just running windows update.

I think these are iso of updates that were released just in that month, if you click on august its 2.8gb, I doubt they lost 2gb+ going to september. Every month is a different size. If this is really just that months updates on a disc, it seems more of a pain to swap discs a bunch then just running windows update.

i agree with that...even though i dislike running it does seem easyer to run it off of ya cable connection to not have to waste another dvd .....

Back