Microsoft To Unveil Major Restructuring Thursday

Wow, first I get flamed for hating Microsoft.
Then I get flamed for crediting Microsoft.

Seriously guys, make up your freakin' minds. ;)

I don't hate MS (much) but I am talking original ideas here. They have none and they never have had any. True, they cut, paste and modify I suppose I should give them credit that they know how to modify.

I just don't think cuttling Ballmore will make a difference.

I don't hate MS (much) but I am talking original ideas here. They have none and they never have had any. True, they cut, paste and modify I suppose I should give them credit that they know how to modify.

I just don't think cuttling Ballmore will make a difference.

They must have had a couple of innovations since all the major Android users are paying Microsoft licensing fees for their patents that Android violated (all except Motorola) ;)

*Brought to you by Microsoft

You just fear change.... :rolleyes:

If Microsoft isn't innovative, neither is Apple. Everything they did was a copy of someone else's work or idea. Maybe it was well refined, but it wasn't anything that wasn't done before in some manner.

MS wont be drastically restructured until it is delisted & taken private by a consortium of hedge funds.

Basically someone needs to get canned for the Xboned marketing plan. That's my thought anyway.

LOL!

Ok, yea. Bad analogy. Maybe Crystal Pepsi? That stuff did suck.

But, the point was similar. If you go backwards in quality (or perceived quality), people will not accept it because of the quality, not because of nostalgia and the good old days.

As far as Ballmer.... I have a love/hate feeling for the guy. I don't like a lot of his decisions with Microsoft. But, he has done a good job. Not as good as Gates, IMO, but I do wonder how Gates would have performed during the same time. Seems like a decent guy personally, though. Cut throat as a manager, though.

That is wishful thinking most people just don't want things to change. The problem with MS is even with many good moves, their customers just were not ready for that much innovation all at once. Innovation doesn't really ride companies, more basic things do like advertising, and timing. MS has had piss poor timing they went into mobile too early, same with tablets, fact is MS was too far ahead of the game and it hurt them. Maybe its happening again.

People bank way to much on imaginary innovation in which almost every product they try to claim was an innovation was nothing more than a copy off another product. The timing and advertising, and inertia were what made some things seem like innovations.

MS mistakes are way more basic then that. And for that steve should be fired.

MS mistakes are way more basic then that. And for that steve should be fired.

Ballmer has made plenty of mistakes, particularly in mobile but the company still enjoys rather extraordinary financial success. I really would hate to be the guy that took Ballmer's place if he got fired, the pressure would be enormous. Be more innovative, be better at marketing, be more responsive to customers and yeah, do it while growing at better than11% year over year on average during Ballmer's tenure. And also continue to increase cash reserves faster, raise dividends, boost stock price 40% in the next year, break 3% yield and last but not least keep the AAA+ credit rating.

What good is short term financial success if it will come at a long term costs.

What good is short term financial success if it will come at a long term costs.

Ballmer has been CEO for 13 years during which Microsoft has had a good deal of long term growth. Of course Gates was in control of the tech side of the company really until about 2009. But with Microsoft stock at five years highs I think most investors are upbeat on Microsoft's future.

Microsoft is a pretty difficult company to get. They have forever and a day had PR problems and yet have maintained incredible profitability. Most folks would probably think Google makes tons more money than Microsoft yet in reality it's the other way around, and even though Apple is now more profitable it does it on a lot more revenue. Ballmer makes his mistakes but at the end of the day delivers a big bag of cash, that's why he still has a job.

Problem: most users don't like Bing

Solution: cram it down users throats in Win 8.1

Ballmer is so fetch.

Ballmer is a bean counter. He is a giant effin kunt. He needs to be fired. He is the problem why Microsoft needs a stronger Tech leader.

maybe Bill Gates will announce his triumphant return running the day-to-day operations...all he needed was a bit of a rest to get his creative motor revved up again

Probably done so to hide their biggest loss/embarrassment of $10 billion-plus: Their online services division which includes Bing and MSN.

So Microsoft has been reporting this massive losses for years and just as Bing and its online division is about to become profitable, now they hide the loses. Brilliant!

Microsoft had no choice but develop its own search capability. That pretty much was a vision of Ray Ozzie when he was a Microsoft promoting the cloud. That $10 billion dollar loss is nothing if Microsoft were forced to go to Google to do search.

Ballmer is a bean counter. He is a giant effin kunt. He needs to be fired. He is the problem why Microsoft needs a stronger Tech leader.

And that stronger tech leader had better deliver no worse financial results. Remember, it's all about greed.

Problem: most users don't like Bing

Solution: cram it down users throats in Win 8.1

Ballmer is so fetch.

Google is part of the culture. Put Bing results inside of Google's logo, and at least in the US I doubt that many would notice. And it's not being crammed down your throat when there's an option to turn it off. At least let's be consistent. Metro is being crammed down people's through because there is no way to turn it off. Of course if you type "windows 8 start menu" with the integrated search turned on, lo and behold, I de clare! Search results that use the power of the web within the OS that show you a zillions ways to get back the Start Menu. Or try the same term in the Windows Store and I de clare! Apps that bring back the Start Menu in Windows 8.

All bought to you by Microsoft. Where you have no choice because well, you can't type.

And that stronger tech leader had better deliver no worse financial results. Remember, it's all about greed.

But as you said Microsoft has stagnated. Its because of a leader that can't see the future. Bean counters are not natural innovators.

Google is part of the culture. Put Bing results inside of Google's logo, and at least in the US I doubt that many would notice. And it's not being crammed down your throat when there's an option to turn it off. At least let's be consistent. Metro is being crammed down people's through because there is no way to turn it off. Of course if you type "windows 8 start menu" with the integrated search turned on, lo and behold, I de clare! Search results that use the power of the web within the OS that show you a zillions ways to get back the Start Menu. Or try the same term in the Windows Store and I de clare! Apps that bring back the Start Menu in Windows 8.

All bought to you by Microsoft. Where you have no choice because well, you can't type.

Sorry...who can't type? ;)

Jokes aside, if it takes a 3rd party to properly restore a menu that should never have been wiped away completely, the choice is brought to you by everyone who wanted the menu back....not Microsoft.

MS has had piss poor timing they went into mobile too early, same with tablets, fact is MS was too far ahead of the game and it hurt them. Maybe its happening again.

I've thought that on several of MS's products. They have been ahead of their time for quite a few things that failed. Several years later, someone else comes out with it (sometimes claiming it as the first original product) and it succeeds.

Could be possible. I'd say that the XB One features (online stuff, etc.) are probably that way. Windows 8 - probably some things. Hopefully it doesn't fail like their other things like mobile and tablets (Win XP Tablet edition was fine, but the UI wasn't suited for touch. Win8 is perfect for touch, but less so for non-touch).

Bean counters are not natural innovators.

And this is where I've seen Microsoft the past few years. Ballmer is not a nerd. He's a bean counter. Gates had the nerd and business sense that made Microsoft what it is. Ballmer sees the bottom line only. It's not bad by itself, but Gates really set the bar. And I hated the guy when he ran Microsoft.

And this is where I've seen Microsoft the past few years. Ballmer is not a nerd. He's a bean counter. Gates had the nerd and business sense that made Microsoft what it is. Ballmer sees the bottom line only. It's not bad by itself, but Gates really set the bar. And I hated the guy when he ran Microsoft.

Agreed. Apple is going that way too IMHO.

Sorry...who can't type? ;)

Fair enough. BTW you can also type "windoze 8 menu" in the Windows Store and see the same Start Menu replacements. I was wrong. Typing isn't necessary.

Jokes aside, if it takes a 3r[/QUOTEd party to properly restore a menu that should never have been wiped away completely, the choice is brought to you by everyone who wanted the menu back....not Microsoft.

The choice wouldn't have been there in the first place if Microsoft hadn't created nearly 20 year ago.

Fair enough. BTW you can also type "windoze 8 menu" in the Windows Store and see the same Start Menu replacements. I was wrong. Typing isn't necessary.

The choice wouldn't have been there in the first place if Microsoft hadn't created nearly 20 year ago.

Seriously? Even a Microsoft apologist would roll his eyes at that one...:rolleyes:

Back