Microsoft to Kill Off OneNote’s Desktop App

UWP is much more secure than Win32. I will be glad for all of MS products to be UWP, as long as the basic functionality stays the same.

Which, as of now, OneNote isn't really the same as the desktop version. I've used both and really prefer the desktop version. I'm hoping they can port all the features and capabilities of the desktop version to the UWP version before dropping it. I use it fairly often.

Personally I think that this move is good. MS needs to get at least their own applications consolidated to a single development platform per OS. The main reason is that some features are in one or the other but not both and MS needs to just focus on getting all the features in one version and speeding up development so they can focus on making it work the best it can. Onenote is an amazing platform it is way way more than digital sticky notes. Its more like digital sticky notes and a scientific lab book and a grocery list all synchronized across a bunch of people and devices. It has been and will continue to be sad that MS is trying to convince everyone to move to UWP when they don't even have most of their own products on the platform. Onenote is the start, they need to move all the office applications over.

I've never needed it. There are already tons of apps that do the same thing. Notepad, Wordpad, "Stickies," MS or Google's online apps, or even just the Win 10 app. Hell, half the time I just send myself emails of important stuff since that's cross-platform and super quick/easy.

No one needed a computer either lol. Its not about need, its about efficiency. Comparing notepad or email to onenote is as out there as comparing a ledger to excel. Ya you could do the same job with both of them except most jobs would take out 10x longer and miss half the features. My time is worth more than that, yours is too.

Back