Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard

Yes it was under powered on launch. It use a mobile SoC that was already a couple years old. They need to axe the portable aspect of the switch and put it more towards the power. But this is Nintendo will always Nintendo. They don't follow what everyone else is doing.
I'd argue that the Switch has done as well as it has precisely because Nintendo refused to follow the pack. Some of the Switch's features are gimmicky (does anyone really use the motion features or advanced haptics?), but it's still a great system if you either primarily play handheld or just don't know for sure that you'll always have access to the TV. I'm a new parent and the Switch suddenly makes a lot more sense for me — I can still game in places where I won't wake or distract my little one. The $300 launch price also made it a relative bargain.

And Nintendo's in-house game lineup has generally been phenomenal this cycle. Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Animal Crossing, Splatoon 2 and 3... even Tetris 99, for that matter. Yeah, some games just aren't practical on the Switch, but there's still lots of fun to be had. We spend so much time chasing specs at times that we forget most people just want games they'll enjoy, and Nintendo delivers that.

Having said all this, I hope Activision still commits to COD on Nintendo hardware even if the Microsoft deal remains blocked. It'll probably take the Switch's replacement to make that happen, but it'd be a great move.

I don't want to see this happen who knows what would happen to Blizzard and Diablo.

I don't care much about this anymore. Blizzard used to have the best games, now not so much.

StarCraft used to be considered the best RTS. It still is but they've basically abandoned it. All the RTS people left to form Frost Giant which will take the title of best RTS with Stormgate next year.

WoW used to be considered the best MMO. Not so much anymore.

Diablo used to be considered the best RPG. Not so much anymore.

Maybe Hearthstone is considered best card game.

Overwatch is considered good but I don't think it's ever been considered the best fps and there are other popular hero shooters now.

Maybe it's because all I really care about is StarCraft, but it seems like all their best work is behind them and they're just coasting now.
Even if Microsoft bought them and announced StarCraft 3 I wouldn't be very excited.

Back