Microsoft To Acquire Adobe?

Buy adobe, and windows 8 premium actually has an application advantage.
The European Union would never have it. Microsoft can't even bundle a web browser or anti-virus with Windows.

If Apple had 90% of the market with OS X, you wouldn't get iLife when you buy a Mac.
 
Office 2007 is inefficient compared to Office 2003. I liked the old button approach than that big strip. The strip sucks as you gotta keep change it around to find what you need while the button approach before you could customize and add links to the parts you want and it had everything there. It was a dumb move of them to make. Now it takes longer for me to find stuff now.
 
They could very make some of Adobe's applications part of the "Windows Live Essentials" application bundle that you can download post-install. I could see Photoshop Elements getting mixed in there.

More powerful Adobe applications could be merged into various Microsoft Office SKUs (as well as sold separately, similar to how the applications within Microsoft Office can also be purchased separately).

Could work...
 
Office 2007 is inefficient compared to Office 2003. I liked the old button approach than that big strip. The strip sucks as you gotta keep change it around to find what you need while the button approach before you could customize and add links to the parts you want and it had everything there. It was a dumb move of them to make. Now it takes longer for me to find stuff now.

Uh, you can customize the ribbon to your hearts content in Office 2010. Add exactly what you want on every single tab. You can customize the new UI more thoroughly than Office 2003's UI ever allowed for.

capturepy.png
 
Uh, you can customize the ribbon to your hearts content in Office 2010. Add exactly what you want on every single tab. You can customize the new UI more thoroughly than Office 2003's UI ever allowed for.

capturepy.png

I think that people don't want to have to customize it; the old UI was familiar and more-or-less worked fine. It's already a hassle learning a totally new UI, and nobody wants to learn a new UI or learn it enough to decide the best way to customize it. They just want it to work, and get on with their work.
 
The real opportunity/problem with MS buying adobe is the control it gets over advertising with flash and document management with Acrobat.

All those other things, like photoshop and such are very very small potatoes, regardless of how much they're used.
 
well think about it. When you buy a premium purchase of OSX with iLife or whatever its called. you get imovie, garrageband, iphoto, all half decent applications that can handle the basic home user task.


Buy adobe, and windows 8 premium actually has an application advantage.

i highly doubt the photoshop/after effects series is going to be closed off... its an industry standard. but maybe photoshop elements could be rebranded and bundled with premium or ultimate

Yea but you are forgetting the huge disadvantage of buying a mac.
 
I think that people don't want to have to customize it; the old UI was familiar and more-or-less worked fine. It's already a hassle learning a totally new UI, and nobody wants to learn a new UI or learn it enough to decide the best way to customize it. They just want it to work, and get on with their work.

The person he was replying to was bitching that you couldn't customize the ribbons.
 
Sounds good to me because Microsoft can provide security updates via Microsoft update because Adobe can't even provide updates properly with their stupid update manager. I have to uninstall Flash to update to the latest version because it never updates to the latest version with their download manager in Firefox even though it appears to have installed, but it never does. I know it doesn't because if you use Firefox to check plugins updates it shows it is not the latest version until you do as I said.
 
I think that people don't want to have to customize it [...] They just want it to work, and get on with their work.

The ribbon fulfills this. There's no inherent need to customize it, as it works fine out-of-the-box.

I was responding to someone who wanted to customize the ribbon, but didn't know you could.
 
I read about this a few days ago and I'm not buying it. MS + Yahoo was a much more plausible scenario but Yang shot that down (which I bet Yahoo shareholders are still pissed at him for).
 
If Microsoft buys Adobe, there is no reason to shut down the Mac development considering it is a huge revenue opportunity

The very fact that by buying Adobe they will own CS, PDF and Flash is enough for them. Flash migh go out one day but CS and PDF are here to stay
 
Back
Top