microsoft technet

Orddie

2[H]4U
Hey,

Was in another thread recently and got a few comments to get a Microsoft technet sub for Microsoft lab licensing.

I have questions about TechNet Professional (Retail) :)

1) This will allow me access to exchange 2010 and windows 2008 right?
2) What kind of license to the above software does this get me (something more then a 180 eval?)
3) If i term my TechNet Professional (Retail) membership... Do i have to hand in the licenses?

1: Yes.
2: Fully functional, you're just not allowed to use it in a production environment or resell it.
3: The licenses are still good if you don't renew, but you should get all your keys and downloads before you let it expire.

1. Yes, this gives licenses for a variety of Microsoft software, and multiple versions (standard, enterprise, etc) of each.

2. No time limit. However, there are activation limits on each key issued. Mostly an issue with Office 2010.

3. No, so far as I know Microsoft does not de-activate the licences. However, the spirit of the license agreement is that you will quit using it when you end your subscription.

Also, there are professional and standard licenses. Standard does not allow for enterprise versions of the software, where the professional does, and allows two tech support calls as well.

Moving this to General Software, as that's where it should have been started initially.

thanks MOD!

Would i be able to download the software from the technet website?

3: The licenses are still good if you don't renew, but you should get all your keys and downloads before you let it expire.

As an FYI re this: they at least used to limit how many keys you could pull in a day, so if you plan on pulling all of your available keys before it expires, don't leave it until the last day :p (though this probably matters less now since you get far fewer keys :( )

As an FYI re this: they at least used to limit how many keys you could pull in a day, so if you plan on pulling all of your available keys before it expires, don't leave it until the last day :p (though this probably matters less now since you get far fewer keys :( )

I didn't have this problem a year or so ago. What you don't want to leave until the last day is the gigs and gigs of downloads. :D

thanks 2 everyone who posted here.

do you guys still buy of microsoft software or run the windows 7 keys that are in your tech net sub?

I didn't have this problem a year or so ago.
I've always had that problem in the 5 years I've had a sub. You just have to spread out your key requests.
do you guys still buy of microsoft software or run the windows 7 keys that are in your tech net sub?
People always make TechNet subs out to be far more complicated than they really are. As described above, the keys aren't for production environments. So, that's your answer if you need to buy separate keys or not. If you have a company of 8 employees, you can't buy a TechNet sub and install Windows 7 on those 8 computers.

I've always had that problem in the 5 years I've had a sub. You just have to spread out your key requests.

That's really odd, because when I had my sub, I was able to go right down the list and get key after key after key to copy/paste into an Excel spreadsheet for safekeeping.

So, I figured I might as well post this here, as I just activated a technet subscription and on my account page enjoyed seeing the quality control going on at microsoft:

microsoftfail.jpg

I apologize if this is a well-known fumble, but just caught my eye.

So, I figured I might as well post this here, as I just activated a technet subscription and on my account page enjoyed seeing the quality control going on at microsoft:

microsoftfail.jpg

I apologize if this is a well-known fumble, but just caught my eye.

if you just activated it may take 2-3 days for the system 2 sync.

today I just got my welcome email and invoice. too me it sounds like the access is auto generated to allow for instant access but the full profile activation may still me manual.

Back