Microsoft TechBench is history

• Thread starter Deleted member 245375
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245375

Well it looks like Microsoft yanked the plug on Techbench which was a site designed to allow for direct downloads of the Windows 10 ISOs (pre-Anniversary Update builds like the original and the Threshold 2 build 1511 from Feb 2016) - it also means they removed the little trick I posted about recently that would allow you to be able to grab the last Windows 7 SP1 ISOs as well as Windows 8 and 8.1 too, sadly.

I'm sure something else will come up at some point but it's another way Microsoft is becoming really damned restrictive on providing direct ISO downloads (I guess they need the bandwidth for all the data from the spying/telemetry from the hundreds of millions of lacke---errr consumers).

pssstttt... that's a joke, so don't have a damned cow hissy fit over it. :D

Anyway, I'll be on the lookout for other methods to get the ISOs and if something turns up I'll post the relevant info. Yes the Media Creation Tool now appears to be their only method of supplying the ISO (even though it doesn't actually download the ISO itself, it downloads an ESD file that is encrypted and gets converted to an ISO if you choose that specific option).

EDIT:

Looks like some folks have discovered a method (not sure how long it'll continue working) to get the ISOs using a script working from Github - and it's not just Windows ISOs but also Office as well it seems:

TechBench dump (https://github.com/mkuba50/techbench-dump) · GitHub

My advice:

Grab the ISOs while you can if you haven't already because they could just vanish at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one. That GitHub link generates the download links for you. I have been doing the same but it is a little more involved. Windows 10 ISO and click on the drop down for Select Edition, right click on the first selection Windows 10 and choose Inspect. Change the highlighted option value from 244 to the value of the product you are looking for from the list in this script [JavaScript] Techbench Script - Updated 7.10.16 - Pastebin.com then close Developer Tools and again select Windows 10, Confirm. Choose Language and Confirm. Links Generated for 32-bit and 64-bit where applicable.

Back