Microsoft Takes A Stand On Student Privacy

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday opened its annual Microsoft in Education Global Forum by emphasizing the importance of student privacy and reaffirming its commitment to helping ensure that student data is never mined for advertising and marketing purposes. The opening keynote speech, which took place in front of an audience of 1,100, including innovative educators, school leaders and government officials from nearly 100 countries, also saw Microsoft highlight its end-to-end, best-in-class solutions with student success and career and college readiness at the forefront.

Marketing is run by lying scumbags and devil spawns. They will do anything they can to get the data.

Sounds like marketing nonsense to me. They wanted positive PR so they took a stance at some event.

Sounds like marketing nonsense to me. They wanted positive PR so they took a stance at some event.

It's marketing spin. MS believes you should be paying them money for a service. Google believes they can barter for data mining for advertisers. MS isn't a saint as what they give away for free or very cheap on 365 is pretty much not sufficient for the academic environment. For that you have to jump up a notch, and then the price skyrockets. But it isn't made up. 365's purpose isn't to mine ad data, and they claim they host your mail in the country your institution resides in. Which is more than you get with google.

Google makes money on the data your provide (as does Facebook). Microsoft makes money on the service. One, you are the product. The other, you buy the product.

Although, I'm sure Microsoft isn't perfectly innocent, either. But, I'm sure they are a bit better than Google.

Back