Microsoft surface pro

bigstusexy

2[H]4U
did anyone actually physically pick up a 128 model today? I went to staples and the only had one 64gb model, the other stores only had 64s as well and they told me their online portal says the 128 was sold out?

I am wondering if the 128s are in short supply or are even sold yet.

I got one at Best Buy, but I had reserved it back on Friday. From what the sales guy said all they got of the 128s were ones that were reserved during the week.

Surprisingly they had about 10 guys all in line wanting them this morning.

I read the 128's sold out online already. Not sure about B&M. I guess it depends on how many MS was able to make and ship. I'm going to be out near a MS store later today... maybe they will have some.

Update: MS Store sold out of them. I guess they just didn't expect a huge demand considering the bomb that was RT? From what the guy said, there was a line of people waiting before the store opened waiting to get them. Maybe MS has a decent product here, aside from the price. The fact that it's a full fledged PC in tablet form is pretty cool. I had an impulse buy and picked up the Samsung equivalent (700T I think?).

Last edited:
Yup picked two up this morning from Christina Mall in DE. Im using it now sofar everthing is kool keep you posted.

The local Staples only has the 64 GB models. None of the local best buys have any flavors.

I won't be able to hit the Microsoft Store until tomorrow morning. We were hit with 2+ feet of snow last night and today, and the Mall is closed until then.

Honestly, I have the impression that this roll out is terribly planned at best. The fact that there was a Driving ban in effect until 4PM today (Cops were actually pulling people off the road if they weren't emergency personal) the fact that the local best buys didn't have any in stock and staples didn't have the 128GB tells me that they just didn't even try to distribute these things much.

Maybe things will be different at the Microsoft Store, which hasn't been able to open all day today.

I imagine the production line isn't going full tilt yet. Seems to be the norm whenever something new comes out.

Update.... Since the local MS store was closed all day yesterday, I went this morning. I managed to pick up the 128GB model. They were doing a fairly brisk business even though the mall wasn't open yet. No lines or anything, but there were several other people buying surfaces.

Good to hear some people are getting them at least. Looking forward to hearing initial thoughts.

Back