Microsoft Removes Group Policies From Windows 10 Pro

Please. No one but the nerd rage nerds (me included) that visit forums like this give a fuck.

I'm so fucking pissed about this...especially after the fucktards in the OS forum jumped my nuts for not bending over and taking this shit.

That's what people said when we complained about Metro GUI. See how that went down? To claim we have no influence is BS. There are more than just one enthusiast website too.

That's what people said when we complained about Metro GUI. See how that went down? To claim we have no influence is BS. There are more than just one enthusiast website too.
Nerds weren't the only ones who hated that. Virtually everyone did.

Well, I remember the shills saying Microsoft don't care what we think about Metro GUI and to suck it up. They were wrong and are wrong again.

Well, I remember the shills saying Microsoft don't care what we think about Metro GUI and to suck it up. They were wrong and are wrong again.
MS didn't care what the nerds say, MS cared what EVERYONE said.

maxresdefault.jpg

microsoft slowly but surely taking full control of your pc, it has been clear for the last couple of years, who would pay for win10 anyway?

From a technical and somewhat moral perspective I suppose, if you did take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 offer from Windows 7/8/8.1 you're not supposed to continue using the previous licensed product after 30 days. You have 30 days to roll back to the previous product (which is supposed to mean the Windows 10 license should be invalidated in that process as well but it isn't). It's an honor thing more than most anything else: if you took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10, you're not supposed to use the previous product anymore, period. If you do then you're breaking the licensing terms, you naughty boys/girls. :)

*snip*

Agreed. You cannot use your windows 7/8.1 license on 1 computer and use your upgrade windows 10 license on another computer. Having read the upgrade EULA there's no verbiage in there that says your previous windows key becomes invalid though. You may surrender your license for the previous version temporarily but you can always go back (provided the upgraded version isn't installed anywhere). I think the 30 days gets thrown around because that's when windows deletes the windows.old folder with your old install of windows. But you can downgrade legally and technically whenever you wish for the majority of cases (OEMs are able to not allow this behavior if they choose, however).

Anyone want to defend this as a good thing?

I know that the two local shills would defend this to the death, but besides them, no, this is a very shitty move by ms.

Edit: Ha! just noticed they did already. lol

Last edited:
I know that the two local shills would defend this to the death, but besides them, no, this is a very shitty move by ms.

Edit: Ha! just noticed they did already. lol
Oh yeah they appeared, but basically all they could do was wave their arms in the air. When you know your wrong, it's time to move on.

Oh yeah they appeared, but basically all they could do was wave their arms in the air. When you know your wrong, it's time to move on.

Thank you that you finally made me aware that you are a troll, bye.

If only they took the hint and did it, but alas, we aren't that lucky, are we? :)

I've never agreed with everything Microsoft does. I perfectly understand that there are those that don't like telemetry, data sharing and Store stuff. And I've said plenty of times that Microsoft should provide better options to control the telemetry and data sharing or at least make the Enterprise version more easily available. But sometimes I think people go off the deep end and don't always consider the rationale behind these things. It's not "evil empire" stuff. In the case of these particular GP options, with company provided and centrally managed machines I get the concern. In BYOD scenarios these policies could be problematic

Then you should not join your BYOD to a company's domain. That's your choice. If you join BYOD to a companies domain, you should fall under their policies. It's that simple (to use a quote from you).

Not really sure how that works considering that authentication is through the domain.

Still not seeing the argument here. All I was saying is that in a BYOD scenario you give up at least some centralized control.

If they remove remote desktop, then I will be mad.

I think this is still a terrible move.

Actually, Home edition lacks remote desktop access. You have to use VNC or something like that, so please, don't give them more ideas.:)

I've never agreed with everything Microsoft does. I perfectly understand that there are those that don't like telemetry, data sharing and Store stuff. And I've said plenty of times that Microsoft should provide better options to control the telemetry and data sharing or at least make the Enterprise version more easily available. But sometimes I think people go off the deep end and don't always consider the rationale behind these things. It's not "evil empire" stuff. In the case of these particular GP options, with company provided and centrally managed machines I get the concern. In BYOD scenarios these policies could be problematic

When it comes to "telemetry" its very easy to rationalize the behaviour as some standard industry practice. I mean google keeps track on what you click on in your searchs... and apple keeps track of the music you buy.

The difference is MS is trying to track much more invasive things like how many times I open a program and what programs I open and how long I use them ect. That is 100x more invasive. I mean consider this analogy.....

Dentist One keeps patient files, they track when you come in, when you need to make your next appointment, and he keeps records of which teeth he filled.

Dentist Two next door also tracks that same info... however when you first walk into that dentists office you sign a form giving ownership of your mouth to said Dentist, he now follows you around all day and checks how many sweets you eat, he counts how many times you chew, if you brush and in general if your taking care of his teeth... this Dentist wants that info because he has plenty of very happy sweet companies that are very willing to make up for this dentists gambling issues. You see said dentist can't get by anymore doing things the old way because they have issues gambling on the poni... errr phone and marketing companies.

Yes allowing your system to be monitored by MS OS level telemetry is on the same level of stupid as signing ownership of your mouth over to your dentist. (although now that I think of it... I am going to patent a Smart Tooth Cap™ that tracks how much suger passes over the tooth and at what time of day... how many bites you take of said sweets, and will feed this data Via Blu tooth to your phone... I'll sell it as a meal planing device, but really I just wanna sell a secret or two to Cadbury)

The main problem is a LOT of businesses just are not big enough to warrant Enterprise agreements and the support infrastructure that goes with it. They just need a stable platform to do email, web browse and Office type work on.

A lot of the companies I work for are 10 users or fewer and do not require servers and huge licensing/maintenance contracts.

Chromebooks and linux are looking all the more attractive as time goes on.

I just wish that MS would come clean and state that in the future they want Windows 10 to be free for personal use and force ANY commercial use to Enterprise.

It's the worst remote access tool around so no loss there. It's way too convoluted for quick and easy use.

All Windows 10 Kernel Mode Drivers Must Be Digitally Signed By Microsoft

For fresh Win10 installs

authorization.png

Between Microsoft & how they are playing with Windows10 & the MS shill's, I am running out of popcorn

image.png

That's ok, you can share my tub of popcorn that I eat well listening to the whiners year round. :D Also, anyone who would seriously consider chromebooks and Linux desktops in a professional environment needs to have their head examined. (No server for 10 users? No centralized file access, backup and security?) :rolleyes:

That's ok, you can share my tub of popcorn that I eat well listening to the whiners year round. :D Also, anyone who would seriously consider chromebooks and Linux desktops in a professional environment needs to have their head examined. (No server for 10 users? No centralized file access, backup and security?) :rolleyes:
I'll bite... WTF can't you use "Linux Desktop" in a professional environment. It is designed for networking (it is basically the re-implementation of the UNIX philosophy)... and as long as the applications exist? why not.

As the very least RedHat use Linux internally, $1.534 billion in revenue, in 2014 not a professional company?. Microsoft even uses linux internally & for quite some time BSD was used for hotmail...

Simple NAS box for file sharing and backups is all that's needed. Not some $10000 Dell dual 16 core Xeon box with Active Directory, 72GB of ram and a $500 a month service contract.

Also a lot of small firms (even those with 20+ employees) do not have on site IT guys running around pretending to be god. A lot of companies just want really simple low cost IT infrastructure.

I had another numbnuts ask me what a company would use Chromebooks for other than web, emails and typing up documents?

My reply was - "Well...just web, emails and typing up documents!"

I'm not supporting NASA or PIXAR here.

Simple NAS box for file sharing and backups is all that's needed. Not some $10000 Dell dual 16 core Xeon box with Active Directory, 72GB of ram and a $500 a month service contract.

Also a lot of small firms (even those with 20+ employees) do not have on site IT guys running around pretending to be god. A lot of companies just want really simple low cost IT infrastructure.

I had another numbnuts ask me what a company would use Chromebooks for other than web, emails and typing up documents?

My reply was - "Well...just web, emails and typing up documents!"

I'm not supporting NASA or PIXAR here.

Since when do you need a $10k server? You do understand that there a lot less expensive servers out there that will do the job quite well. (Windows Server Foundation, Windows SBS and even a Standard Windows server.) Having centralized credential management, backup and security is critical in a professional environment.

Also, almost no businesses simply do basic email, notepad type documents and really basic web browsing. You need access to government websites, sites that are designed for Internet Explorer only, programs that are Windows desktop only and other such stuff that is exactly the way things are today. Chromebooks and Linux desktop just do not cover any of these things at all.

Linux on the server is good in the places it is used. Also, using a Linux desktop virtual machine, such as I do, works well for what it needs to be.

Actually, Home edition lacks remote desktop access. You have to use VNC or something like that, so please, don't give them more ideas.:)
Does that mean a home computer can't log into another computer? I have pro, my parents have home...if they need help I can't log into them?

WTF is that stupid shit? Home users are the ones that NEED to be logged into because they're stupid enough to run home.

Though, to be fair, I have a feeling that eventually there won't be a difference between home and pro.

Since when do you need a $10k server? You do understand that there a lot less expensive servers out there that will do the job quite well. (Windows Server Foundation, Windows SBS and even a Standard Windows server.) Having centralized credential management, backup and security is critical in a professional environment.
Also, almost no businesses simply do basic email, notepad type documents and really basic web browsing. You need access to government websites, sites that are designed for Internet Explorer only, programs that are Windows desktop only and other such stuff that is exactly the way things are today. Chromebooks and Linux desktop just do not cover any of these things at all.
Linux on the server is good in the places it is used. Also, using a Linux desktop virtual machine, such as I do, works well for what it needs to be.
The amount of ignorance and FUD that you can squeeze into one post is frighteningly amazing.
For the rare occasion, and continually getting rarer, that a poorly designed website require IE only there are so many simple work arounds it would make your head spin.
For example, Virtual IE (Internet Explorer) tab for Chrome ! (works on Mac / ChromeBook / Linux; Runs Java / Silverlight / Shockwave). Or just change your browsers User Agent, google it and learn.
LibreOffice is a superior office program for Windows and Linux.
Please move along now and do your shilling somewhere else.

You've missed the point but you do that quite often.

Does that mean a home computer can't log into another computer? I have pro, my parents have home...if they need help I can't log into them?

WTF is that stupid shit? Home users are the ones that NEED to be logged into because they're stupid enough to run home.

Though, to be fair, I have a feeling that eventually there won't be a difference between home and pro.

Exactly, the RDP client is present in Home, but you cannot remote to a Home install. The option to enable it is removed.

I went thru this with someone's install, ended installing TightVNC server to be able to remote in.

Do note, this is an old microsoft image.

VjGXE.png

First they came for the Start Menu, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not use it.

Then they came for the Group Policies, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not care.

Then they came made Cortana mandatory, and I did not speak out—
Because I do not search.

Then they came for my documents...

Papers, please!

Back