Microsoft Releases More Diversity Stats, And They Aren’t Pretty

And everything you say here could be 100%. However, black leaders and blacks of accomplishment have always faced significant opposition from some whites, no matter what. They've always been labeled troublemakers. And in all honesty that's kind of what they did. Not too many white folks in the South wanted to see MLK in their town, because yep, he was certainly going to cause some trouble.

So it's not always any easy thing to discern. Clearly some black leaders, like any other leaders, are not who they say they are and do what they do for selfish reasons. But causing trouble and being discomforting to some whites historically has proven effective.

Causing trouble for some whites was only effective when a completely innocent person became a martyr for a cause thus motivating other whites whom were more fair to feel a need to help. Usually this manifests in a completely unjustified beating, killing or wrong against a regular person just going about their life. In the last several decades I cannot off the top of my head think of any case that was not prosecuted or pursued that was completely unjustified. Instead this black leadership is trumping up cases that are very complicated and it suggest to me a real reaching to find some sort of cause IE what I suggested above. And unfortunately for them IMO this does not help but actually hurts their case as it completely deflects issues away from real problems.

If Rosa Parks was pointing a gun around at people in an aggressive manor I am pretty sure her bus incident would not have had a positive effect.

If you want to bring an issue to light you find a good person with a good clear case to bring to light, not a nut job or a criminal and a messed up case with complications and lottery like odds of something going bad.

Causing trouble for some whites was only effective when a completely innocent person became a martyr for a cause thus motivating other whites whom were more fair to feel a need to help. Usually this manifests in a completely unjustified beating, killing or wrong against a regular person just going about their life. In the last several decades I cannot off the top of my head think of any case that was not prosecuted or pursued that was completely unjustified. Instead this black leadership is trumping up cases that are very complicated and it suggest to me a real reaching to find some sort of cause IE what I suggested above. And unfortunately for them IMO this does not help but actually hurts their case as it completely deflects issues away from real problems.

If Rosa Parks was pointing a gun around at people in an aggressive manor I am pretty sure her bus incident would not have had a positive effect.

If you want to bring an issue to light you find a good person with a good clear case to bring to light, not a nut job or a criminal and a messed up case with complications and lottery like odds of something going bad.

You know, the Rosa Parks incident was staged. Bus protests like hers where nothing new. The NAACP in this case got the idea from a teenager, Claudette Colvin. Rosa Parks was the NAACP local secretary and they had been scheming for months to so attention to these bus protests. Colvin had done a pretty good job to date but she was a kid, and then she became a teenage mom, so the NAACP kick her to the curb and setup the Parks incident.

So while Rosa Parks wasn't carrying a gun the whole thing in her case was a deception and far from the only deception of the Civil Rights era perpetrated by blacks.

Of course race is a factor, not an overriding factor, but a factor.
I don't see anyone even coming close to recognizing that within this thread.

The question is "Why is race a factor,"
Isolating a group of people based on features or socioeconomic status is as old as dust. It's human nature to put people in categories and treat them according to societal norms.

Can we assume all rookie cops start their police careers as racists just looking to kill black people, or is it more likely they learned from experience on the job that blacks are inherently more dangerous to deal with?

How about neither? How about all people have prejudices or biases? The problem is that some people act on them consciously or subconsciously. Furthermore, the angst between minorities (especially African Americans) and the police is as old as slavery itself. When a slave ran away who do you think went after them?

Do black cops harbor similar biases?
Studies have shown that people will often follow a group regardless of whether the action the group is taking is right or wrong. So the biases probably aren't exactly the same, but the outcome very well could be.

Is it a never ending cycle of blacks behaving badly causing cops to treat them differently causing blacks to behave badly when interacting with cops?

Well I think it all comes down to respect. Cops want respect, but that's a two way street. The people want to be respected as well by the people who are supposed to protect them.

One other point. I don't think a lot of people regardless of race understand just how incredibly unpopular the Civil Rights movement was among a lot of Southern whites. It was far from a Kumbaya moment.

Successful athletic programs financially drive education programs at universities as well as enrollment which in tern benefit the general student body. If you are really serious about education coming first you would support athletic programs.

None of what you said after this was even remotely true at my school, and certainly not the case widespread. Maybe your school was particularly good in that respect, but certainly not the norm. As for what I actually quoted...you are saying that in successful athletic programs, ALL costs involved with athletic programs equal less than the profit they generate? When you add up the construction, administration/staffing, training, equipment, maintenance, logistics/transportation, recruitment, scholarships, advertising/marketing, etc...?

Because that certainly was not the case at my undergrad school, where they had to add additional athletic fees in order to continue expansion of the non-self-sustaining department. Granted, my school did not have a "successful" athletic program by any measure.

How many "successful" athletic programs are actually out there according to the statistics you have seen?

Successful athletic programs financially drive education programs at universities as well as enrollment which in tern benefit the general student body. If you are really serious about education coming first you would support athletic programs.

It's also a statistical fact that athletes have a higher graduation rate than the general student body. Not only did I not pay for school but I was also provided tutoring (tutors got educational credits that benefited them), I communicated more with my teachers, and I had an A.D. that breathed down my neck and was also on a first name basis with the school's president and head of the student body. It's also a very well known fact that the more a student is involved with extracurricular activities outside of class the higher their GPA and graduation rates. Athletic games give students that extracurricular outlet. So not only did the things I do benefit the university but it also benefited the other students not to mention that athletes are infinitely more involved with the university than non-athletes which, again, benefits the school.
The reason for higher GPAs on sports teams is due to all the teams for women. The US is the only country where sports are a serious thing at universities.

You know, the Rosa Parks incident was staged. Bus protests like hers where nothing new. The NAACP in this case got the idea from a teenager, Claudette Colvin. Rosa Parks was the NAACP local secretary and they had been scheming for months to so attention to these bus protests. Colvin had done a pretty good job to date but she was a kid, and then she became a teenage mom, so the NAACP kick her to the curb and setup the Parks incident.

So while Rosa Parks wasn't carrying a gun the whole thing in her case was a deception and far from the only deception of the Civil Rights era perpetrated by blacks.

Doesn't that only further prove my point?

Doesn't that only further prove my point?

Consider the old cliché of doing the wrong thing for the right reason. I'm in no position to judge those that fought for freedoms that I have that they didn't.

I really am not following you, Rosa Parks over Colvin was selected because she was a more defensible person that is what happened right? IE the old movement appeared to do exactly what I said above, take an otherwise innocent person, place them in a situation, that proves the only issue is race. Also Colvin was accused of assault and may have been kicking and screaming while being dragged away, or maybe they simply didn't have enough of the right witnesses. Regardless of right or wrong the lawyers probably wanted to make sure they had a good clean case. And most likely make sure they don't do anything stupid, like wave a gun around, resist arrest, assault a police officer etc.... Apparently back then they were smart enough to do this, now the leaders are not? I have not one single problem with what one might consider a sting operation.

I wish all this PC crap about diversity in the work place would just die.

The way a business should be run is that you hire the most qualified and appropriate people for the jobs you need to fill.

Hiring black, hispanics, asians, whites, etc. just to meet some stupid diversity expectation is completely and utterly retarded.

I completely agree with you, but where I work I have to keep those thoughts in my head. Actually saying something like that to the wrong person would land me right into a sensitivity training course.

And most likely make sure they don't do anything stupid, like wave a gun around, resist arrest, assault a police officer etc.... Apparently back then they were smart enough to do this, now the leaders are not? I have not one single problem with what one might consider a sting operation.

There are a ton of personal complaints about blacks in this thread. Not one of them involves as gun.

Back