Microsoft Pulls Anti-iPhone Ads

I'm not bothered by the ads at all and even if I was I wouldn't want them banned just because I didn't like them.

You respect the dead for the sake of their family and those who cared about them more than for the sake of the dead themselves. Unless the person is genuinely a massive fucking douchebag, it's typically good to have respect for your fellow humans anyway, alive or dead, to avoid being a douchebag yourself..

Steve Jobs was a "massive fucking douchebag", especially to his family. Just peruse the "personal life" section of his wiki, if you don't know the details.

I don't dig bashing ads either, but sometimes they are funny. This one was not. It was actually pretty boring and lame. That would have cause me to not release it in the first place, and if it somehow snuck out, I would have pulled it.

You respect the dead for the sake of their family and those who cared about them more than for the sake of the dead themselves. Unless the person is genuinely a massive fucking douchebag, it's typically good to have respect for your fellow humans anyway, alive or dead, to avoid being a douchebag yourself..

Ah, people that let douchebags like Jobs get away with being a major a jackass deserve to get their feelings hurt.

Also, respect begets respect, Jobs didn't give any in life. Death doesn't absolve him of all the douchebaggery he committed.

This video was just an amalgam of the public's reaction to the new iphones.
I don't see what's wrong.
Microsoft has another agenda now that they own the nokia phones.

This video was just an amalgam of the public's reaction to the new iphones.
I don't see what's wrong.
Microsoft has another agenda now that they own the nokia phones.

If Steve Jobs was alive, no problem. Poor taste MS.

Like John D said, it's that thing about the dead, which I myself have a problem with. I'm considered one of the ultimate Microsoft fanboy/shill/fill in the pro-Microsoft field on form type of guys around here but on of my pet peeves is respect for the dead.

I think the point of video was spot on, but still that guy in the foreground looking like Jobs was a problem for me. I think the essence of this video presented in a different way would have much better received.

Is anyone saying that the 5C isn't made of plastic to reduce cost? Is anyone saying that the 5S is the ultimate in smart phones? And don't leprechauns like gold?

The commercial had spots where it could have been really funny, but poor direction and producing killed it.

Also I think people are reading too much into 'disrespecting' Jobs here. They used an image but they never blasted him as a person. Also I believe MS pulled it as it was generally a non-effective anti-apple ad.

Back