Microsoft Outlook "Outbox" problem

Flapjack

2[H]4U
Here's a good one.

I accidentally moved my "Ordering" folder (where I keep all my online purchase receipts/tracking) to the the "Outbox". It actually wasn't my fault. Outlook 2007 started to act all crazy. I was really trying to move something to the Ordering folder, but somehow the folder itself got moved. I still don't see how I could've accidentally done that, but anyways...

The folder is there and won't go away. I tried to move it back to the root of the mail store and got an error (shown below). It advised me to change the folder permissions, which I did (took ownership). Still no go.

For now, I've made a new Ordering folder and was able to move all the mail inside to it's correct home, but I still have this stupid-ass folder sitting in the Outbox. I suppose I could ignore it, but I shouldn't have to, right?

Geez....

outbox.jpg

Correct. I can't move it or delete it. I was able to rename it, though.

I also tried adding myself to the permission of the Outbox itself. Same difference.

I also trying putting Outlook into "offline" mode. That didn't help, either.

Are you on Exchange?

If so wack the .ost and reload it then try to delete the folder

I got it. Not sure what I did, but it had something to do with the "Offline mode" thing. I closed Outlook, then restarted it. When it came up, it asked if I wanted to "Connect". I again chose "Work Offline".

I was then able to delete the folder.

How freaking random...

good that you fixed it, btw did this happen on the server side mailbox or on the local personal folder?

good that you fixed it, btw did this happen on the server side mailbox or on the local personal folder?
I'm still not sure. It was definitely on that local machine. The only way I know that is every time I open Outlook now, it asks me if I want to "connect" or "work offline". I can't seem to figure out how to get it back to before. Outlook on any other PC is working fine.

I wonder what would've happened if I had tried to move the folder via OWA. Oh well... hindsight is 20/20.

Back