Microsoft Office Outllok is not responding

outbreakm

Weaksauce
About 9 days ago i opened outlook and the program instantly would lockup or freeze. If I click any part of the program I get the not responding error followed by this(se below). I did not make any changes whatsoever and actually used outlook about 10 min before this problem started. I'm using Vista and have not been able to use outlook for 9 days. If I should post this topic in the OS forum let me know.

Any thoughts??

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Application Timestamp: 4542840f
Hang Signature: 819c
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: c36b8ccdd54a364957ff581a3f771dab
Additional Hang Signature 2: bb33
Additional Hang Signature 3: 469244eddefb46591beb1a9cef39cfa0
Additional Hang Signature 4: 819c
Additional Hang Signature 5: c36b8ccdd54a364957ff581a3f771dab
Additional Hang Signature 6: bb33
Additional Hang Signature 7: 469244eddefb46591beb1a9cef39cfa0

Any antivirus software? If so...can you test by disabling the e-mail plugin?
All your Microsoft updates? (for both Windows and MS Office)

How big is your pst file? Outlook can get squirrelly and even corrupt if the pst file size is over 2 GB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

to find the location of hte Outlook PST, go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Select Your Profile go to Propertiers > Select Data Files and click Open Location.

Should be C:\Doc Settings\User Name\App Data\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

to find the location of hte Outlook PST, go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Select Your Profile go to Propertiers > Select Data Files and click Open Location.

Should be C:\Doc Settings\User Name\App Data\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook
It found errors and repaired them but outlook is still doing the same thing. Starts up normal and when I click anything in outlook it just freezes.

Try to remove the current Outlook profile...and build a new one. The PST will stay. Another option...create a fresh new PST with the new profile..and import only what you need from the old PST.

create a new profile with nothing in it, see if it still freezes. if it doesn't then try to add your pst to the new one and copy the information in.

Back