microsoft office 2007 licensing question

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
The first one is just the disc to install the software. The second comes with a license, and the media to install.

the link on the second disk says:

"This package does not contain any discs that can be used to install software on a PC."

and i've realized that newegg sells these two items as a bundle or combo deal... which pretty much means they're supposed to be purchased together...

the link on the second disk says:

"This package does not contain any discs that can be used to install software on a PC."

and i've realized that newegg sells these two items as a bundle or combo deal... which pretty much means they're supposed to be purchased together...

Didn't read it that in-depth. Then yes, you need both. You will only need to purchase the license ones in the future after getting the discs.

You can also just download the iso from microsoft for the office disk you need unless they have changed this as of late.

Personaly I would buy the set of disks. What gets me is the license comes in a dvd case with a note where a dvd should be that says to put your disks that you get elcewhere here.

The way the new OEM setup for 2007 works is that you (The System Builder/OEM) buy one set of install discs (the OPK). The OPK can install any version of office (Its a set of 3 different discs), but comes with no licenses. The license packs come with a license for whatever edition of Office you want and the actual key is printed on a credit card size piece of plastic.

You are NOT supposed to give the OPK discs to the end-user (only the pre-installed software and appropriate license) if you are actually selling the computers (notice Newegg limits you to one purchase), if the end user wishes to have install media they use there license to order it from Microsoft (very similar to how you order 64-bit media for Vista) for a small fee.

In this case I'm assuming you are acting as both OEM and End User (meaning these computers are for personal use or being used by a business you are an owner/partner/employee of), so having the OPK is really handy, but you only need one set.

Back