Microsoft not fans of Nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess you didn't do some research. Microsoft had Nvidia make its first xbox's GPU , Nvidia which couldn't meet demand kinda flaked out on them , Microsoft sued and Nvidia and Microsoft Settled out of court.

So yes , they don't like them.

Guess you didn't do some research. Microsoft had Nvidia make its first xbox's GPU , Nvidia which couldn't meet demand kinda flaked out on them , Microsoft sued and Nvidia and Microsoft Settled out of court.

Yes, this is old news. Obviously you missed this as not being a serious thread.

Actually no. Microsoft wanted to re-negotiate their Xbox contract and NVIDIA refused. Which is funny because NVIDIA makes money on every Xbox 360 sold and AMD does not.

But that's old news. The Zune HD has a NVIDIA Tegra chip in it. So they are friends again.

Just a little history lesson mister over sensitive :rolleyes:, way to dish out a joke and fail to take one in turn.

Whatever you say mister condescending.

Edit: The entire point of this thread is simple. Clicking the Nvidia icon in the link from post 1 takes you to amd.

Last edited:
Actually no. Microsoft wanted to re-negotiate their Xbox contract and NVIDIA refused. Which is funny because NVIDIA makes money on every Xbox 360 sold and AMD does not.

But that's old news. The Zune HD has a NVIDIA Tegra chip in it. So they are friends again.

Ahh ok , figured it was a chip dispute over supply and demand. I do remember shortages at one point in time during the Xbox's history.

Haha, would you like Ati or Ati?

Nice ninja edit. It would of been a funnier joke had it been correct.

Ninja edit? Lol. It was the only thing I posted. But keep trying to pull blood from a stone.

Anyway enough of your bickering , it was a joke , you took offense to it (why?) so lets move on.

Ahh ok , figured it was a chip dispute over supply and demand. I do remember shortages at one point in time during the Xbox's history.

From what I remember.... After a while chips become cheaper to make....mass production, design tweaks, etc. So MS wanted a discount because of this. NVIDIA did not want to change the contract because they were making $$$.

After this both MS and Sony got smart. They bought the chip design and paid to get the chips made. So neither ATI or NVIDIA get money from each box sold. However NVIDIA scored one last hit by getting money from every 360 for backwards compatibility.

Ninja edit? Lol. It was the only thing I posted. But keep trying to pull blood from a stone.

Anyway enough of your bickering , it was a joke , you took offense to it (why?) so lets move on.

I didn't, however I knew you're post would immediately de-rail this thread and revisit a very OLD subject.

From what I remember.... After a while chips become cheaper to make....mass production, design tweaks, etc. So MS wanted a discount because of this. NVIDIA did not want to change the contract because they were making $$$.

After this both MS and Sony got smart. They bought the chip design and paid to get the chips made. So neither ATI or NVIDIA get money from each box sold. However NVIDIA scored one last hit by getting money from every 360 for backwards compatibility.

Smart of Nvidia at the end. But they did settle out of court correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back