Microsoft loves 360 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's ridiculous that microsoft's charging coin for an update us TF2 PC players get for free. i wouldn't pay a cent for these updates even on PSN, which i don't have to pay a subscription fee for. and with the 10$ i make in 10 minutes at work, that leaves me with alot of extra cash. :rolleyes:

and as far as this ridiculous argument about 'creature comforts', ie- sitting on a couch with a controller as opposed to 'hunching over a pc monitor' :rolleyes:

well, i've got my couch 12.625' (yes, 0.625 thou) away from my primary PC monitor which happens to be a 47" 1080p and have this little couch table thing that holds my mouse and keyboard without a problem + i've purchased a couple xbox360 controllers which just so happen to work flawlessly with most modern PC games i play. just in case my friends feel like enjoying some graphics and playing some crysis. on my couch. comfortably. with a familiar HID.

damn, it's difficult to even enjoy a pc, eh?

Wow, you make it sound like I have a to put in hours of work each time I want to fire up cod4 with "software, patching, updates, driver variables" Ohh and I have a keyboard and mouse to deal with.

I sit in front of my computer which is hooked up to a 42" 1080p hdtv on my desk, double click cod4 and about 15 seconds later I am in the game, thats all.. once every couple months I may update my video drivers, or get a patch for the game.. which only takes a couple minutes. I upgrade my video card or other components from time to time, which I enjoy doing. I personally would never play a fps with a controller, I am a kb/mouse person when it comes to those games.

I also have a ps3 and 360 sitting on my desk hooked to the same screen, so I can enjoy a console title if I like, but it has been a couple months since either one has been turned on. Ohh and the wii is on the bigger 1080p hdtv in the living room.

It's a bad thing because it limits options. Doesn't this mean that developers will never be able to deliver content via Live for free? To me, that's the biggest issue. I don't care about PC vs Game Console.

It's limiting choice for the consumer and the developers. Thumbs down to microsoft on this one.

Well, is Microsoft is hosting and advertising the DLC for them, then some sort of payment is in order. I also think this sets a good precedent to avoid abuse by developers and publishers. What's to stop a company from releasing an unfinished product and then filling it in with free DLC over months? By forcing a payment, MS is forcing developers to get their product as complete as possible and have DLC be only substantial updates to the game.

I don't see a big problem with it, then again, I don't play TF2.

Ok in the real world:

TF2 was done when it was released. I've been playing it since then and them adding features/combating cheats is a non stop thing. Why do you think programs like punkbuster exist? Because cheats always come out and they need a way to dynamically load anticheats / patch them up.

SO if you don't like extra content for your games and anti cheats then you should really wake up and smell the coffee.

If anything Microsoft is just hindering developers. If you seriously think them charging more money to get updates is a good thing then you're just a lost cause.

Viva La computa!

no, i like the convenience of turning it on and having my game going in much less time than you could on a PC, you dont have all the patching, software, updates, driver variables to potentially deal with, you dont have a mouse and keyboard to deal with, you dont have to worry about anything with a console, you turn it on and it works and with all of the creature comforts

i dont understand shafted....i am extremely pleased with what i get for what i pay, well worth it, just because you choose to deal with all the PC BS in order to save $10 here or there....well....i have listed many things that are more attractive about console gaming today in my above posts and you choose not to look at that

so go ahead, invite a few friends over to huddle around the PC for some not-so-fun fumbling with a keyboard and mouse while you all huddle around the (small in comparison) PC monitor

no thanks, if all i have to do is pay a measley $10 to get the same content and all the creature comforts?.....give me my comfort, you can have your PC

seriously wtf has this got to do with being shafted by valve/MS? other players are gettingt hsi content FREE. its the principal that you cannot seem to understand. most of us can earn £10 easily but its the principal of it all that you dont understand and now your turning this into a fucking pc vs shitbox 360.

i suppose if the ps3 was to get this update free you still wont be pissed? i have never in my life paid for ANY DLC crap on my ps3 and 360. NEVER because i feel that it doesnt justify the cost. i rather spend that money watching a movie in the cinema or buying my wife flowers rather then spending that kind of money on two new maps LOL..

The main problem here that other people have alluded to, is the split of the community. It would be different if this was a single player game.

Whats going to happen when you fire up a game, and the server loads a new map you don't have, because you didn't pay for it? It's going to be a huge disadvantage for the people that didn't pay for the update that the developers wanted to be free.

The main problem here that other people have alluded to, is the split of the community. It would be different if this was a single player game.

Whats going to happen when you fire up a game, and the server loads a new map you don't have, because you didn't pay for it? It's going to be a huge disadvantage for the people that didn't pay for the update that the developers wanted to be free.

try telling that to teh blinding console fanboys. i fucking hate fanboys. i wish they all got banned from this forum :)

fanboys over a product is very immature and childish.

we were discussing that on page 2 then someone decided to mention keyboard and mouse < controller and shit hit the fan.

If anything Microsoft is just hindering developers. If you seriously think them charging more money to get updates is a good thing then you're just a lost cause.

There's a difference here. There are legitimate reasons why Microsoft is doing this, and many fall back because they have to do it this way. What you call a lost cause I call someone thinking it through from both sides of the coin. Most people are just going to be up in arms over "Why do I have to pay money when they don't", without realizing the backend details. Like why iPod Touch upgrades cost money when iPhone upgrades are free, which is a legal requirement.

If you were playing TF2 on a console, you were already getting shafted to begin with :D.

But yea, that is pretty shitty.

no, i like the convenience of turning it on and having my game going in much less time than you could on a PC, you dont have all the patching, software, updates, driver variables to potentially deal with, you dont have a mouse and keyboard to deal with, you dont have to worry about anything with a console, you turn it on and it works and with all of the creature comforts

i dont understand shafted....i am extremely pleased with what i get for what i pay, well worth it, just because you choose to deal with all the PC BS in order to save $10 here or there....well....i have listed many things that are more attractive about console gaming today in my above posts and you choose not to look at that

so go ahead, invite a few friends over to huddle around the PC for some not-so-fun fumbling with a keyboard and mouse while you all huddle around the (small in comparison) PC monitor

no thanks, if all i have to do is pay a measley $10 to get the same content and all the creature comforts?.....give me my comfort, you can have your PC

My pc is flawless, and plays every single game on it. In addition to that, it is hooked up to my huge ass flat screen that is in my living room. I sit either on my leather couch, or recliner to play.

To recap:

1. zero problems with games
2. huge ass screen
3. surround sound
4. choice of leather couch, leather recliner

Just saying....

TF2 sucks so much on the 360 that it's not even worth playing. I own Orange Box for my 360, and yet I still bought TF2 for PC.

I don't know anyone that plays TF2 on 360. Mouse and keyboard is best for fps. However, Halo I prefer controller. I think it's because I'm used to it. *shrugs*

But yeah, if its an update/fix, bad MS for charging for it. If it's for new content, then I can see why they are charging.

Btw, I find it annoying that people are arguing about pc vs console crap in this thread. The horse needs to be buried. Are you guys done?

exactly. you can get a identical experience with a pc then you can on a console

No you can't. Because regardless of how easy you think it might be, if a couple buddies show up and bring a new game with them, I doubht you have multiple sets of PC wireless controllers sitting around to quickly get everyone involved.

No you can't. Because regardless of how easy you think it might be, if a couple buddies show up and bring a new game with them, I doubht you have multiple sets of PC wireless controllers sitting around to quickly get everyone involved.

i have two wireless logitech ps3 clone controllers and two wired ones. i use to host pro evolution soccer 6(a soccer game) tournaments on my pc. was soo easy to hook up and play. all i did was connect my controllers in and launch the game and bamm we was all up and ready for battle.

They should stick it to ms and charge a single microsoft point for all the content.

Odd way to put things. On one hand, MS is forcing them to sell it. On the other, they want it to be as low as possible, hopefully $10. $10 is standard rate for map packs. If they are so against it, how bout $5. How bout $1. How bout 1 cent?

Because they don't really have that much control over the price.

Odd way to put things. On one hand, MS is forcing them to sell it. On the other, they want it to be as low as possible, hopefully $10. $10 is standard rate for map packs. If they are so against it, how bout $5. How bout $1. How bout 1 cent?

how about free?

Wow, I will NEVER buy a 360 now.

Ya and Steam could turn around and do the same thing and I guarantee people would pay for the content with very little complaints. TF2 comes in OB with 3 other games, so you basically paid $10 dollars/PC $15/360 for it to begin with for an amazing game. Are you going to delete your steam account or throw away your computer if this happens?

I really don't care if MS is charging for it or not because you would have to moron or an achievement whore to buy it for the 360 in the first. TF2 is not very demanding and could run on average dell from BB...

While I agree it sucks that MS wants or feels the need to charge for the content it is no reason to bash the system and say you will never buy one, everyone has better options and it is up to the person to use their judgment to make best decision. The are 100s other games out there and 100s to come. One of them will make you buy the system, like right now I am saying I will never buy a PS3, let me say the same thing when a FF7 remake or I want Blue-Ray player... (valid arguments, no games out that I like for it, no HDTV no need for blue ray..)

Either way the system is an amazing piece of hardware, I have only had mine for 3 months absolutely love it. And I guarantee you wouldn't be saying the same thing if you had one...

Sorry to pick on you but I hate people who pick such stupid reasons to dislike something, and don't provide a valid reason for it... I myself did the same thing with Vista, but now that I have been using it for a month my opinions of it are starting to change...

90% of all content added after retail for 360 games have been for sell. Very rarely do you get anything extra for free there.

Ya and Steam could turn around and do the same thing and I guarantee people would pay for the content with very little complaints. TF2 comes in OB with 3 other games, so you basically paid $10 dollars/PC $15/360 for it to begin with for an amazing game. Are you going to delete your steam account or throw away your computer if this happens?

Valve owns steam, valve doesn't want to charge for content so this WILL NOT happen. Microsoft is making Valve charge for content, they control the xbox, that's why I will not buy one. Last time I checked, Valve doesn't make other companies charge people for patches on Steam, and if they did it wouldn't be a very popular platform, not to mention this is a PC and there will be free places to find the patches. Fanboys will be fanboys though.

how about free?

Hey, could have sold the game for $49 instead of $59. They could have included 1 free voucher for 800 MS points to be used only for this map pack to cover the cost once it was released. Somehow, i doubt they are all that broken up about the extra revenue this will generate for them. the point from Valve's side of course is to make the fans think they are, which judging by this thread, seems to be working.

Hey, could have sold the game for $49 instead of $59. They could have included 1 free voucher for 800 MS points to be used only for this map pack to cover the cost once it was released. Somehow, i doubt they are all that broken up about the extra revenue this will generate for them. the point from Valve's side of course is to make the fans think they are, which judging by this thread, seems to be working.

I don't think Valve makes revenue off of microsoft points.

Valve owns steam, valve doesn't want to charge for content so this WILL NOT happen. Microsoft is making Valve charge for content, they control the xbox, that's why I will not buy one. Last time I checked, Valve doesn't make other companies charge people for patches on Steam, and if they did it wouldn't be a very popular platform, not to mention this is a PC and there will be free places to find the patches. Fanboys will be fanboys though.

Last time I checked MS never said anything about DL content costing money for TF2 when they first bought it, but now they are, Valve can change their minds too, honestly your argument is really sad if wouldn't buy a console because of one game.

And I am not a fanboy, I have only had to system for 3 months and I own TF2 for the PC, I don't have to pay content patches for that one game but other games that I do like and want to pay for more DL content then I will, just because I support the 360 over your flawed logic doesn't make me a fanboy...

I just feel sorry for the people who bought it for the 360 not knowing that this would happen and hopefully Vavle can do something about it...

Don't say my logic is "flawed" without posting something to prove otherwise. I'm also not prepared to argue with someone whose first language is not English.

Don't say my logic is "flawed" without posting something to prove otherwise. I'm also not prepared to argue with someone who's first language is not English.

I was going to reply to you, but since you don't have the basic understanding of English to know the difference between who's (contraction) and whose (possessive pronoun), I won't waste my time.

C wut i did thar?

I was going to reply to you, but since you don't have the basic understanding of English to know the difference between who's (contraction) and whose (possessive pronoun), I won't waste my time.

C wut i did thar?

Oh well, I fixed it. At least you can understand what I'm saying.

Microsoft is billions in the hole because they had to rush a system out to beat ps3, instead of having a quality build. Now they are paying for it and are forced to make money on it anyway possible.

360 fanbois may be enjoying their time now, but it will soon be over for the 360.

Live itself is nothing but a money whore. They charge for the most retarded thing because there are people out there that live and die by their gamer tag and have to buy every update for their games and are willing to pay money for fucking screen shots and pictures for crying out loud. How pathetic is that, and how pathetic is it that people actually pay for it and deal with that shit. But they gotta have their 360 and their Xbox live to pwn noobs and prove how big their e-peen is. It's fucking stupid, gamer scores are stupid, live is stupid and 360 dominance in the US is stupid because most people here are rednecks and have to prove how much better they are. It's not a coincidence that the US is the only place 360 outsells ps3.

Microsoft is billions in the hole because they had to rush a system out to beat ps3, instead of having a quality build. Now they are paying for it and are forced to make money on it anyway possible.

360 fanbois may be enjoying their time now, but it will soon be over for the 360.

Live itself is nothing but a money whore. They charge for the most retarded thing because there are people out there that live and die by their gamer tag and have to buy every update for their games and are willing to pay money for fucking screen shots and pictures for crying out loud. How pathetic is that, and how pathetic is it that people actually pay for it and deal with that shit. But they gotta have their 360 and their Xbox live to pwn noobs and prove how big their e-peen is. It's fucking stupid, gamer scores are stupid, live is stupid and 360 dominance in the US is stupid because most people here are rednecks and have to prove how much better they are. It's not a coincidence that the US is the only place 360 outsells ps3.

Most ironic use of the word fanboy ever haha.

EVERYTHING IS STUPID!!!

Dude, you have no credibility on these forums, this post was hilarious in that it's so sincere.

Jesus. In the other thread about why we pay for XBL it was all about servers for the content. I can somewhat understand that even though we host our own games but you cant use that argument to justify the 10 bucks. If you do, WHAT THE HELL ARE WE PAYING THE $50 a YEAR for?

Well... when xbox 720 comes out, I wouldn't be surprise if microsoft charge people for fixes and patches. Hell! I wouldn't be surprise if they started tomorrow.

Well... when xbox 720 comes out, I wouldn't be surprise if microsoft charge people for fixes and patches. Hell! I wouldn't be surprise if they started tomorrow.

They started doing so for Windows on January 30, 2007. (Don't flame me. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back