Microsoft Live Nowhere

Finkus

Gawd
So... where is it?

Where is this thing they were pushing Vista with back in May 2006? I can't find any official info more recent than May.

Where is the XBOX 360 Wireless Gaming Adapter for Windows? It isn't even available here in the UK yet.

What happened to Games for Windows and Live Anywhere? They don't really seem to be pushing this thing onto gamers to get them to buy Vista do they? It's quite disappointing really. One would have expected some kind of buildup, or at least some products to buy.

What happened to "Vista's Launch Lineup?" I suppose I could reinstall Lego Star Wars, Company of Heroes and maybe purchase Zoo Tycoon. Go Games for Windows!!

What a damp squib this has turned out to be. I thought they said we would all be signing into Vista, at launch, with our Gamertags, chatting to our friends with our XBOX360 wireless headsets and launching cross-platform games together.

I can't say I'm disappointed. Not that it wouldn't have been nice, but I knew they were full of shit from the beginning and my hopes were never up. They were just using it to hype up Vista. That's all.

Actually there was a recent BIG article posted here that had MS publically announcing Live Anywhere would debut this summer.

I can't say I'm disappointed. Not that it wouldn't have been nice, but I knew they were full of shit from the beginning and my hopes were never up. They were just using it to hype up Vista. That's all.

a little negative aren't we. its not like its DNF or TF2, geez...:rolleyes:

How many times, as gamers, are we promised something on a certain date and it doesn't show. For example: Duke Nukem Forever (might be forever before it is released), Crysis (delayed), ET: Quake Wars (delayed till 2008).

So this doesn't surprise me that another company, whether it is microsoft or anyone else, delays the launch of software or hardware.

the pc 360 adaptor comes out tomorrow in the states just got the call on my preorder of it ^_^

a little negative aren't we. its not like its DNF or TF2, geez...:rolleyes:
A little negative? I don't think so. Cynical? Yes. inZane sums it up perfectly here:
How many times, as gamers, are we promised something on a certain date and it doesn't show. For example: Duke Nukem Forever (might be forever before it is released), Crysis (delayed), ET: Quake Wars (delayed till 2008).

So this doesn't surprise me that another company, whether it is microsoft or anyone else, delays the launch of software or hardware.
I don't see any reason for Microsoft to put a real effort into anything that could dilute the market share of their precious XBOX 360. They are doing everything they can to get everyone to buy those things right now.

I truly believe that the Games for Windows campaign was really just smoke and mirrors to get people thinking about Vista. Microsoft can wrap the status quo up in a pretty little ribbon called "Games for Windows," but it's still the same old status quo. And it's in their interest to maintain it.

Actually there was a recent BIG article posted here that had MS publically announcing Live Anywhere would debut this summer.

The most recent Microsoft Press Releases about Live Anywhere or Vista's Launch Lineup were from May 2006. Googling Live Anywhere doesn't bring up any new info in the first six pages that wasn't from E3 2006.

I'm sure there are snippets here and there that I couldn't find but they are not really pushing this thing onto the gamers in any way, shape or form. They demo'ed it at the Times Square launch announcement of Vista, along with Dreamscape, which also isn't here. It just seems to me like half the applications they want to sell Vista with are nowhere in sight.

Sucks it hasn't been released yet, but i look forward to seeing if they actaully pull off what they say there gonna do. Cross platform gaming.. pfft ill belive it when i see it.

Um, where did you hear that?

I will find you the link and post if for you. I just have to find it again. :)

EDIT:

The company believes that its fourth quarter results will be significantly impacted by higher legal expenses relating primarily to its internal review of historical stock option practices, including expenses relating to the previously announced informal SEC inquiry and derivative litigation, and its decision to move the release of Enemy Territory(TM): QUAKE Wars into fiscal year 2008

This is found Here: http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=227156

There is a difference between fiscal year 2008 and regular plain old 2008. Fiscal year 2008 begins in April 2007 and ends in March 2008. I'm willing to bet the game will see a summer of 2007 release.

u serious? shit im gonna have to make a trip to best buy. Ive been waiting on that thing for AGES.

yeah, I picked up this morning hooked it up and I am now using the 360 wireless headset to dictate this post with Dragon naturally speaking. ^_^

A little negative? I don't think so. Cynical? Yes. inZane sums it up perfectly here:
I don't see any reason for Microsoft to put a real effort into anything that could dilute the market share of their precious XBOX 360. They are doing everything they can to get everyone to buy those things right now.

I truly believe that the Games for Windows campaign was really just smoke and mirrors to get people thinking about Vista. Microsoft can wrap the status quo up in a pretty little ribbon called "Games for Windows," but it's still the same old status quo. And it's in their interest to maintain it.

they don't "promise" shit to us. they announce it and may demonstrate it but in the end, it may never work out and they'll scrap it or delay it until they get it (mostly) right. until you start seeing press releases saying "We promise it will be out on blah blah" or "It WILL be out on blah blah" then you may bitch about getting "shafted". otherwise, get over it. sigh

Back