I've been using the microsoft laser mouse 6000 for about 8 years now since I picked it up in a bargain bin at my local pc store.
http://www.gameslave.co.uk/content/microsoft_laser_mouse_6000/page1.cfm
At first it felt uncomfortable due to its narrow shape and sleek surfaces. Well long story short, I fell in love with it and it became an amazing mouse as I exclusively used a fingertip style grip with it because of its narrow design. I scratched the sensor on it a few months ago tho while picking out a piece of hair with tweezers and it is now unusable. This was microsoft's first gaming laser mouse, and somehow it seems like it was the best one they made, and yet nobody has even heard of it.
I've tested out about 10 different mice now, but they all seem to have one problem or another, but the biggest problem that I keep running into is the tracking, as I can get used to different designs. This old microsoft mouse seemed to have a perfect sensor as far as i could tell, but when I tried new mice I always ran into problems, for instance the imperator had this ridiculously huge liftoff distance that would cause the pointer to move a lot on the screen when you set it back down. The G5 line had the sensor in a weird location. The deathadder had buttons that were too sensitive and the mouse was in general a bit too long. The Xai, which I've been using since then has not perfect tracking, which can easily be seen by simply moving it back and forth in the same spot, and the pointer will always make its way to the upper left part of the screen (maybe this was just wrong with the one I picked up?)
I can't seem to find out what type of laser my old microsoft mouse was using as all these newer ones just don't seem quite as good. I'm almost entirely concerned with tracking on the mouse I'm looking for, but I also want it to be smaller and light, have snappy buttons (for instance the logitech mice mostly all had crappy buttons esp. on the scroll wheel.), forward/back buttons, but most importantly GOOD TRACKING. I need some advice on what the most accurate sensor currently is, I am comfortable somewhere between 900-1800 dpi, but having it adjustable isn't really a concern for me. Any input would be nice. If even any of you know what sensor the 6000 used I'd appreciate it.
http://www.gameslave.co.uk/content/microsoft_laser_mouse_6000/page1.cfm
At first it felt uncomfortable due to its narrow shape and sleek surfaces. Well long story short, I fell in love with it and it became an amazing mouse as I exclusively used a fingertip style grip with it because of its narrow design. I scratched the sensor on it a few months ago tho while picking out a piece of hair with tweezers and it is now unusable. This was microsoft's first gaming laser mouse, and somehow it seems like it was the best one they made, and yet nobody has even heard of it.
I've tested out about 10 different mice now, but they all seem to have one problem or another, but the biggest problem that I keep running into is the tracking, as I can get used to different designs. This old microsoft mouse seemed to have a perfect sensor as far as i could tell, but when I tried new mice I always ran into problems, for instance the imperator had this ridiculously huge liftoff distance that would cause the pointer to move a lot on the screen when you set it back down. The G5 line had the sensor in a weird location. The deathadder had buttons that were too sensitive and the mouse was in general a bit too long. The Xai, which I've been using since then has not perfect tracking, which can easily be seen by simply moving it back and forth in the same spot, and the pointer will always make its way to the upper left part of the screen (maybe this was just wrong with the one I picked up?)
I can't seem to find out what type of laser my old microsoft mouse was using as all these newer ones just don't seem quite as good. I'm almost entirely concerned with tracking on the mouse I'm looking for, but I also want it to be smaller and light, have snappy buttons (for instance the logitech mice mostly all had crappy buttons esp. on the scroll wheel.), forward/back buttons, but most importantly GOOD TRACKING. I need some advice on what the most accurate sensor currently is, I am comfortable somewhere between 900-1800 dpi, but having it adjustable isn't really a concern for me. Any input would be nice. If even any of you know what sensor the 6000 used I'd appreciate it.