Microsoft Flight

HAF72

1337 :)
I don't believe it has been posted yet.. but it released a day early. Link here Even though Flight simulator X will still be my main simulator, I will still fly flight.

I uninstalled the game as soon as I was forced to play through the first two tutorial missions and did my first free flight. This game reeks of consolitise and is obviously built for 10 year olds with 30 minute max attention spans. Now where did I put my FSX discs at....

btw, this should be moved to the PC gaming & hardware thread since it is a PC only game. I don't think there's any official Microsoft Flight topics there yet.

Flight is shaping up to be a spectacular failure, at least the business model for it anyway.

Yes the market for this game is completely off and it WILL end in utter failure.

It's not built to please true flight simulator fans and it's too boring and uninteresting for casual gamers. Who wants to just fly around on an island doing just a few dozen lame missions? Casual people would rather be playing games like Ace Combat, H.A.W.X, etc. than this junk.

i want another MS combat flight sim game!!! i loved MS combat flight sim!!! it was epic!

I agree with everyone. Nice concept, but they failed big time. It is a shame, because they really could of hit it big. Oh well.

Does the final version support TrackIR? The beta did not, meaning I did not spend all that much time with it. I will download the full release after the 1st (bandwidth caps suck).

Fucking hell what is Microsoft doing... flight simulator was a gold mine

i still fly FSX every few days. i haven't payed much attention to the new one but i guess it sounds like it was for a good reason, lol. oh well i guess i'll continue my flight practice in the crappy performing FSX. i was hoping Flight would just be FSX with an updated engine but i guess not.

I have a hard time understanding what market this game caters to. Hard core flight simmers will frown at the "dumbed down" nature of the game when compared with Flight Simulator X. Those with no interest in aviation will not suddenly get interested just because they get a a flight game that's easy to play.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-flight-takes-off-a-few-hours-early

FYI. You can now download MS Flight as I type this, currently doing it myself. I feel dirty for installing Windows Live but wanted to try it out.

EDIT: Game doesn't seem to want to run, keeps saying Game failed to initialize or that I need to repair my game, even though there isn't an option in the shitty Windblows Live GUI.....sigh.

Last edited:
Played it last night, feels a bit like Pilot wings from Nintendo but not as fun....

On another note, does FSX gold edition have any "TAGES" like DRM? The digital version on Windows marketplace has install limits but what about the disk version?

i want another MS combat flight sim game!!! i loved MS combat flight sim!!! it was epic!

Thankfully we still have DCS making realistic combat flight sims.

Bought their A-10 just to support them, although the A-10 is not really a combat aircraft (and I prefer dogfights :p )

Looking forward to their future titles, hopefully a modern US fixed wing aircraft, F-18, F-15 or F-14 would be great.

Does the final version support TrackIR? The beta did not, meaning I did not spend all that much time with it. I will download the full release after the 1st (bandwidth caps suck).

From what a guy said in MP yesterday he says he is running Flight with TrackIR, so probably it does work now. I don't have trackIR so I can't confirm. Sorry.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-flight-takes-off-a-few-hours-early

FYI. You can now download MS Flight as I type this, currently doing it myself. I feel dirty for installing Windows Live but wanted to try it out.

EDIT: Game doesn't seem to want to run, keeps saying Game failed to initialize or that I need to repair my game, even though there isn't an option in the shitty Windblows Live GUI.....sigh.

Yep what I said in the OP

Played it last night, feels a bit like Pilot wings from Nintendo but not as fun....

On another note, does FSX gold edition have any "TAGES" like DRM? The digital version on Windows marketplace has install limits but what about the disk version?

The disc will contact an activation server when you input the key after installation, but I have installed on multiple systems without issue.

The disc will contact an activation server when you input the key after installation, but I have installed on multiple systems without issue.

This, although I have had to call MS in the past to get it activated(FSX).

I'll give it a go for free, but I don't understand the expense... if its consolized, I'd actually love a more "pilotwings" style option; I had a lot of fun with that game series! I'd also like to see more advanced flight options and newer planes. Combat options would be cool as well, flying a C130 for a strafing run, picking up hostages and dropping off soldiers atop a hostile zone, helicopters, combat dogfights, multi-player aircraft etc... if they're not going to make it realistic like the old MSFS series, they could at least make it incredibly varied and fun. That will get more people interested then what I see here.

Yes the market for this game is completely off and it WILL end in utter failure.

It's not built to please true flight simulator fans and it's too boring and uninteresting for casual gamers. Who wants to just fly around on an island doing just a few dozen lame missions? Casual people would rather be playing games like Ace Combat, H.A.W.X, etc. than this junk.

This

Back