Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Tech Alpha 1

erek

[H]F Junkie
Sign me up! sounds cool !!!

"Top questions included the aircraft list, airport list, campaign modes, damage model, military aircraft, and min PC spec, among others. Top issues include broken controls, bugs at launch, and hardware compatibility issues. Wish list items include AI traffic, ATC, helicopters, seasons, and others. This looks to be one of the coolest games ever and certainly the most detailed flight sim out there."

https://hothardware.com/news/microsoft-flight-sim-2020-update

Never played MS Flight Sim, but I did have Falcon 4.0 and the Jane's AH64-D Longbow sims. Something like that could get me to buy a HOTAS controller setup. Just flying from airport A to airport B never really interested me.

Oculus Rift (or similar) is the big question. Flying games are the best platform for this technology at the moment. The scale and immersion is something to behold.

If Star Citizen supported VR, people would spend even more money on that barely existing game....even if just for a tiny experience. Elite Dangerous is an incredible experience.

Never played MS Flight Sim, but I did have Falcon 4.0 and the Jane's AH64-D Longbow sims. Something like that could get me to buy a HOTAS controller setup. Just flying from airport A to airport B never really interested me.

it's pretty fun especiallywhen using vatsim since you have to deal with ATC at some airports. some of the really busy airports get pretty insane. though i ended up finding i enjoyed doing ATC more than actual flying but i'm no where close to the level of some of the professionals that spend time doing ATC on x-plane, some of those guys are insanely good being able to solo direct 15-20 aircraft at the same time.

Oculus Rift (or similar) is the big question. Flying games are the best platform for this technology at the moment. The scale and immersion is something to behold.

If Star Citizen supported VR, people would spend even more money on that barely existing game....even if just for a tiny experience. Elite Dangerous is an incredible experience.

agree, love using my odyssey+ with x-plane even though i also have a quad monitor setup as well.

I used to play Flight Sim 98, trying to land the airliner on the carrier in the bay.

If this game has free mode, then I might check it out unless they try to charge exorbitant amounts for it. I remember FS98 was like $120 back in the day and that's not accounting for inflation.

But if I'm forced to deal with atc and asking permissions then I'm not interested.

I used to play Flight Sim 98, trying to land the airliner on the carrier in the bay.

If this game has free mode, then I might check it out unless they try to charge exorbitant amounts for it. I remember FS98 was like $120 back in the day and that's not accounting for inflation.

But if I'm forced to deal with atc and asking permissions then I'm not interested.

i can't remember is fsX has an automated ATC but in xplane it doesn't do anything but give responses based on your location like what a normal ATC would tell you. you can ignore it or turn it off though. vatsim will likely work with fs20 but it's a separate addon/client that's free.

Back