Microsoft eLearning now $35 (was ~$350)

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
Career Assist Package: Register for Second Shot and Get Any E-Learning Collection for only $35 USD

If you learn best independently, Official Microsoft E-Learning courses provide a simple and effective way for you to learn on your own schedule and at your own pace.

Use assessments and an interactive, nonlinear approach to create your own flexible learning experience. Most e-learning courses include hands-on virtual labs. Official Microsoft E-Learning courses are currently available in more than 25 countries/regions. (be sure to check country availability)

Note: This offer applies to IT professional or developer e-learning collection titles only and does not include Microsoft Office or Windows end-user (non-IT) focused collections.

Your Personal E-Learning Promo Code is: SECONDSHOT

An E-Learning Collection (Priced up to $350 USD), is more than just one E-Learning (Usually priced around $40 USD). It is a collection of multiple E-Learnings between 8 and 20 hours of training to help you master a product and get you ready to get certified. Make sure you pick a 'Collection' when you use your promotional code in the Microsoft Learning Catalog. Limit one per customer.

Note: Once activated, your E-Learning Collection is only available for 90 days.

Here is how it works:

* Click on the Microsoft Learning Catalog link above (you should arrive on the E-Learning Page).
* Select the E-Learning Collection you want and add it to your cart.
* Once your done, go to the 'Shopping Cart' and 'Checkout'.
* Type your Promotional Code in the box labeled 'Type the discount code from the voucher and click Apply' space. Click Apply, then Click Checkout.
* Accept the licensing agreement.
* Enter your Credit Card information to our secure payment processing system and purchase your e-learning collection.

Good luck on your exam!

Unlike what the first line of the quote says, it appears that you do not need to register for a Second Shot offer first in order to receive the eLearning discount. More information about the 'Career Assist' program can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx

It may seem as if the coupon-code is for the "Second Shot" offer, as it is aptly named as such, but apparently this code works for the "Career Assist" deal.

EDIT: updated with collections link Qualm provided.

Won't work for me, keep getting "The discount code that you typed is either not valid or has expired." on that discount code. I'm trying to buy Course 2276.

Thanks for this -- bought, "Collection 2278: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure"

Won't work for me, keep getting "The discount code that you typed is either not valid or has expired." on that discount code. I'm trying to buy Course 2276.

It doesn't work on courses, only collections.
Also, it will only work on the normal collections, not the ~$950 ones.

is this product any good? Such a huge price drop would indicate that it's pure ****

More like a huge price drop indicated that it's a virtual good, so they can lower the price as much as they want without really losing money.

Technet has been on sale a few times too, and it's not pure shit.

is this product any good? Such a huge price drop would indicate that it's pure ****

Not really true, there is still money in knowing Microsoft technology, if you can spend $35 and learn some good info to make money off of, good luck to you. MS knows there is a recession, if they can get people trained up on their technology, on the cheap, when the recession ends, they'll have more people in the industry who will make them more money. Honesty, it is a good idea, that being said, I have no interest in learning any MS technology at all, I only do work on *nix boxes; but I can still see the value.

Hm, I will be looking into this this afternoon, may puchase. Thanks op.

in for 1 Thanks OP looking at upgrading to exchange 2007 this year, and what a perfect opportunity to get some inexpensive training in.

Good stuff thanks. Gonna check this out when I get home this afternoon.

Really good deal, I am going to jump on this tomorrow on my day off work.

Expired? Applied code to a $349 collection and got the error. It was under the Programming or Software design section...

Edit: NM. I'm probably selecting the ones that say COURSE at the beginning, and not COLLECTION.

I just don't know what I want to get because I don't know what I want to do with it. I want to 'build something' based on my selection, but I don't know what. I'm looking at some of the programming collections.

To follow up on this, there's also another eLearning offer, free stuff this time:

Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions

By Mitch Tulloch with the Microsoft Virtualization Teams
ISBN: 9780735693371

This guide will teach you about the benefits of the latest virtualization technologies and how to plan, implement, and manage virtual infrastructure solutions. The technologies covered include: Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5, Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization, and Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.

http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urmvs17u33

Wow, if you're working in the Microsoft IT world, you could line yourself up for a promotion real quick this way.

So how do I get to view the content I just paid for?

Edit: Looks like it takes a bit of time for things to be available. All there now

How long is this deal good for?

Good till the end of June, however, once purchased and activated your content will expire in 90 days, which is different from when you pay the full $350 in which case you get up to 3 years of "viewing rights".

That's dumb. The list of things in my list show that they expire in 3 years

Interesting, I didn't actually buy a collection myself yet because of the 90-day thing as posted in the original message (Note: Once activated, your E-Learning Collection is only available for 90 days.).

Anyone else here who actually bought a collection able to confirm that it's good for longer than 90 days?

Not working for me. I can get the code to apply to collection 5392 (SharePoint programming), but when I go to accept the License Agreement I get "An error occured when processing your request". Can anyone else confirm this?

There's an option to download your learning content for offline viewing. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure that's all you need to do and you have your content for +90 days.

Wow. Who knew learning Microsoft was so expensive...

You must not buy much computer training.. good training like SANS easily runs 10x the normal retail of the MS training.

I'm saw this deal in one of my MS emails the other day I think its time for some exchange training. Thanks for the post to remind me about it.

Back