Microsoft cleans autographs off Xbox 360

I'm in for the non-English speaking tech suffering from complete lack of common sense theory also. Maybe people should start drawing big cocks on their 360's before they send them in for repair and see if they come back cock-free. Although it would suck if the guys from 'Superbad' drew the cocks and autographed it and the drawings were cleaned off.

Guys if you can't post like adults then please don't. If you continue to act like children we can certainly pass out some vacations. There is no thread crapping or name calling on this forum, period.

Great to see Bungie doing this for the man. I was never a fan of Bungie in the past (really don't care for Halo), but this definitely earns some respect.

I can't really understand anyone who would think "Why the hell did he send that in?". I mean, you pay a fair amount for the console and when it dies you expect him to use it as footrest as opposed to getting it repaired?

Microsoft did a grade A job in fucking up his console but I'm glad Bungie is doing something about it.

I figured somebody would step up, whether it was Bungie, or just some gaming site that could make things happen for the kid. It's great to see he'll get something to make up for what happened to his 360. Kudos to Bungie.

I'm also glad someone took the initiative to make things better. It just really bothers me that someone would go through all that trouble to remove the marker... I suspect someone either a) removed it simply because he asked that it not be removed or b) messed it up accidentally and figured sending it back clean was better than sending it back smudged. Major props to Bungie.

Great developers look out for their fans...gg Bungie

Again though, perhaps we should wait and see if they actually do anything instead of just talk about it. My money is on red v blue theme.

Good to see that Bungie came through for the kid. I don't think many companies would go the extra mile to fix a problem they didn't even cause. I think it is a good business decision as well since it will surely bring some good internet press.

Nice service on Bungies part there. I however don't think the original Xbox was ever a simple case of "being cleaned". With something that unique, I would probably say some employee in the service centre, who knew what it was, swiped it.

Seems like Bungie has really good service. His new stuff is quite awesome I must say.

Nice service on Bungies part there. I however don't think the original Xbox was ever a simple case of "being cleaned". With something that unique, I would probably say some employee in the service centre, who knew what it was, swiped it.

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think anyone would be so cruel as to see signatures all over the xbox and wipe them all clean.

Never been massively impressed with Bungie's games - personally, I can't tell Halo 3 from the original except for the polycount - but it was decent of them to kit this guy out when it wasn't even their fuckup. Still, I can't quite see it as altruism over marketing.

I'm surprised MS would make a fuck-up like this, but I am glad Bungie is going to do something to right the wrong.

Well, I guess i could see your point, but that was pretty clearly not dirty but very intentionally decorated. Maybe just lack of judgment by said employee?

Lol, I guarantee you that "Wiper #12" is not paid enough to exercise judgment.

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think anyone would be so cruel as to see signatures all over the xbox and wipe them all clean.

i can only imagine the condition some of the cases are in when they go by this people. dirt, drawing, scribbling, spills, who knows.

Great news. Good to see that there are still some decent people in the gaming industry. Bungie FTW!

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/03/07/bungie-unscrews-previously-screwed-gamer/
Bungie Unscrews Previously Screwed Gamer

This makes me love Bungie even more for what they did for him.
Damnit I still want an Oni 2 from them :(
But that game will never come to pass

I just saw the same news on Yahoo.com, so they're a few days behind, but I had not seen it until today. I gotta' say, that is a pretty awesome package. It makes me wish I had a 360 with a few signatures on it, and Microsoft ruined it :)

Again, Kudos to Bungie. They did something awesome, when they didn't have to, considering it was never their fault.

Doesn't Microsoft own Bungie (atleast at one point)? Maybe that gave Bungie some more incentive to help this guy.

Overall..... nice marketing, Bungie.

Doesn't Microsoft own Bungie (atleast at one point)? Maybe that gave Bungie some more incentive to help this guy.

Overall..... nice marketing, Bungie.

They didn't even send him another XBox!

nice marketing.........., more like dam genius marketing on their side, screw MS, let Bungie come out the hero instead of MS having to go to Bungie and MS looking like the hero.. :)

Got to love the "do not erase" on the sound track!

Now that Bungie has done this, i wonder if MS will follow through with what they said, or try to let it slip aside

“We’re really sorry this happened. There’s no way to replace what you had exactly, but we’re going to try to get you something similar, if not even more awesome.”

I guess they have to now since it is all over the web!

What did Bungie end up giving the guy? I can't access the site at work.

I don't remember the exact details, but Microsoft doesn't own Bungie anymore. I don't know if they're considered third party or not, but I think Microsoft still gets first dibs on their titles. I could be wrong. The bottom line is Bungie didn't owe this kid ANYTHING. They did some really cool after Microsoft themselves (or more specifically, the repair center), screwed things up.

They didn't even send him another XBox!

He already got his Xbox back from the repair center, so he isn't entitled to a new one. I think the stuff Bungie sent him more then makes up for some signatures and a drawing on his console.

What did Bungie end up giving the guy? I can't access the site at work.

• Legendary Edition Helmet signed by most–if not all–of the studio staff
  • Halo 3 Soundtrack (two disc) signed by Marty O’Donnel (with “DO NOT ERASE!” written under his name)
  • Bungie Jacket
  • Bungie T-Shirt
  • Halo 3 Messenger Bag
  • Two Halo 3 Limited Edition Wireless Controllers (one covenant, one human)
  • Halo 3 Faceplate and Skins for Xbox 360
  • Four McFarlane Action Figures (MC, EVA Spartan, Brute Chieftan, Jackal Sniper)
  • Halo Actionclix Preview pack (Target exclusive sticker on the front)
  • Halo Actionclix Game Pack 4
  • Halo 3 Wall Graffix
  • Halo 3: Ghosts of Onyx Novel
  • Halo Graphic Novel
  • Halo 3 Wristband
  • Halo 3 Hackeysack

He's getting a bunch of different stuff direct from MS... though I doubt another 360 will be in there simply because he already has one.

IMO Microsoft should send him the green Halo Xbox 360 with autographs from core MS employees inc. Bill Gates and Peter Moore's signature since he already has the Bungie autographs. Sure he already has a 360 but this one would be a collectors item he could put in a glass case and not use.

good grief....hopefully it wont break again before he's done using it cause this will just happen again. at any rate, its a console, just play it.

gam_customized360_490.jpg

Which one is Bill Gates' signature?

Edit: Oops, it was on the faceplate.

1206079332_47.jpg

I feel for the guy and it's awesome what Bungie did for him..

But maybe send a multilingual letter next time? :)

Back