microsoft busted! LOL

DeFex

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2011
just in case you do not know :)

"German PC-Welt magazine reports that Microsoft used an illegal copy of SoundForge 4.5 (Google translation) for editing Wave files shipped with Windows Media Player. You can check that yourself by opening any file in the [Windows location] \Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav\ folder in notepad or other editors of your choice and looking at the last line. There you will find a reference to SoundForge 4.5 and also a user called "Deepz0ne" who happen to be one of the founders of an audio software cracking group called Radium."

Man! Your right. I can't even believe that ( just checked)... I bet there will be a bit of a scandal over that one...

LISTB INFOICRD 2000-04-06 IENG Deepz0ne ISFT Sound Forge 4.5

Oooooooooh.

The /. article has people trying to defend MS for doing this. WTF? Others are calling for a BSA audit on MS. I'd LOVE to do that job... Just think for a company that size what you'd find installed...

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i don't understand.. what the hell is sound forge.. and what's so illegal about this?

SoundForge is audio editing software, and they used a pirated copy.

Linuxtim said:
The /. article has people trying to defend MS for doing this. WTF? Others are calling for a BSA audit on MS. I'd LOVE to do that job... Just think for a company that size what you'd find installed...

I think that has more to do with even the /. crowd getting tired of the constant bias of the site.

lol bad boy MS lol

Now that is a fight I would like to follow in the courts.

MS vs Sony

who would win. Unless MS have some dirt on Sony

Bost very big companies and Sony would have a lot to gain in taking this to court - But they would have to get the cracker as a witness - I dont think he would stand up and testify and say

"yes I found a way to crack Sony software, and yup that is my tag"

unless Sony and him broke a deal of imunity for disrtibuting the crack

at the time 4.5 came out the software was owned by sonic foundry.

Which is more evil anyways? Sony or Microsoft? it is pretty close.

DeFex said:
just in case you do not know :)

"German PC-Welt magazine reports that Microsoft used an illegal copy of SoundForge 4.5 (Google translation) for editing Wave files shipped with Windows Media Player. You can check that yourself by opening any file in the [Windows location] \Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav\ folder in notepad or other editors of your choice and looking at the last line. There you will find a reference to SoundForge 4.5 and also a user called "Deepz0ne" who happen to be one of the founders of an audio software cracking group called Radium."

winwarez.jpg

Back