Microsoft Announces 50-game Xbox One Lineup

Titanfall looks fun. I like fighting games like that. I remember having hours of fun playing DOA on the original Xbox.

I'm buying PS4 at launch. And I'll buy XBOX One a year later, once they release the Kinect-less SKU for $400. It's going to kill me to forego Forza 5 for so long. But I'm not spending $500 on a Forza machine.

I learned with the current generation that no one should choose to limit themselves to one platform. Both 360 and PS3 had awesome exclusives. I can't believe I almost skipped all the PS3 exclusives, like Killzone, Uncharted, Resistance, etc, etc.

You know, I am actually interested in that. Kinda.

Does anyone remember when console launches had more exclusive games than multiplatform games? I do...

I can't read the article (firewall), but does the list just launch titles? I don't recall any console having 50 of those, let alone 19 exclusives at launch. Heck, having 19 titles at launch would be a win!!

I really don't think it's about numbers. If you go back, the N64 had 100% exclusive launch titles. Of course, that gave us Super Mario 64 and Pilot Wings. Call me crazy, but I didn't shell out the coin for Pilot Wings because it wasn't my thing. But if you want numbers... they had 100%

I posted the lunch titles just a moment ago here. ;)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1777456

But I'll do it again...

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

I have never been a xbox fan but some of those exclusives look alright. Nice volume, variety and some heavier titles there too. I think it'll be a good launch. Still leaning towards PS4 personally, but I always wait at least a year until purchasing any console.

LOL, you're right... Zoo Tycoon could be fun! I used to like those tycoon games back in the 90s anyways.

Does anyone remember when console launches had more exclusive games than multiplatform games? I do...
Seems like this round we'll have even more multiplatform (including PC) games too. This is a good thing IMO.

All i see is games that can run on 8 years old x-box,give us ground bracking graphics to justify buying the new x-box,whats the point of better hardware if graphics stays the same?The point of new consoles is to get excited about graphics finaly advancing,seema nothing will change.

seema nothing will change.
small suggestion. lower your expectations by accepting the fact that graphical realism will make incrementally smaller and smaller leaps forward each generation as we enter and climb out of the uncanney valley.

I posted the lunch titles just a moment ago here. ;)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1777456

But I'll do it again...

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Let me show you scrubs how it's done.

CRAP!
CRAP!
DOUBLE CRAP!
WORSE THEN CRAP!
NOT SURE THIS IS A GAME?
CRAP!
CRAP!
CRAP!
These are all horrible!

Ain't marketing grand? Thought I'd add some clarifying notes...not to "knock" what Microsoft says here, but to simply illustrate how much information they are deliberately overlooking or else omitting altogether.

* 38% of titles are exclusive to Xbox One

*37% of titles are brand-new IP

*44% of titles will include either timed or exclusive content to Xbox One

*Microsoft exclusive titles received 272 award nominations and 111 wins at E3 2013.

*Each of these "exclusive titles" will retain that distinction for 30-90 days on average, during which time most if not all will be bug fixed and upgraded for release to the PC. This also means that ~2/3--62%--are not exclusives, even for a 30-90 day period.

*37% "brand-new IP" could mean lots of things, but it also means that 63% of the games are not "brand new IP." Meaning they are "already been used" IP.

*44% of these titles will get xb1 DLC--for a price, I suppose.

*It's almost guaranteed that the xb1 games will cost at least 10%-20% more than their PC counterparts will cost either at release or very shortly thereafter.

*There are literally hundreds of games available for PC that aren't available for xb1/PS4/360/PS3 at any price, so I guess you could call them "permanently exclusive" to the PC, and there's no "xbox live" added fee and that sort of thing to consider, either.

(Merely my own views, of course...;))

I'm confused, these look like Xbox 360 games rather than Xbox One games. They look awful.

I'm confused, these look like Xbox 360 games rather than Xbox One games. They look awful.

Maybe they will need to be seen in person? Game videos on youtube have often been deceiving to me at least. Also I think people are forgetting the old days when the X360 launched where the graphics weren't all that better than the original Xbox. It will take time for developers to start optimizing. Look at where the X360 was and look at how damn impressive the current X360 games look.

I have my XB1 preordered and that list of launch days games while impressive, is all about Forza 5 for me!

Killer Instinct? Wow, didn't think i'd ever see that name again.

Maybe they will need to be seen in person? Game videos on youtube have often been deceiving to me at least. Also I think people are forgetting the old days when the X360 launched where the graphics weren't all that better than the original Xbox. It will take time for developers to start optimizing. Look at where the X360 was and look at how damn impressive the current X360 games look.

I have my XB1 preordered and that list of launch days games while impressive, is all about Forza 5 for me!

Xbox One is a PC platform game....the learning curve shouldn't be so steep as the 360 and PS3

small suggestion. lower your expectations by accepting the fact that graphical realism will make incrementally smaller and smaller leaps forward each generation as we enter and climb out of the uncanney valley.
So if not graphics whats the point of geting excited over a new generation of games?In that list all i see are remakes wich will probably use the same game egine as previous games.

Ain't marketing grand? Thought I'd add some clarifying notes...not to "knock" what Microsoft says here, but to simply illustrate how much information they are deliberately overlooking or else omitting altogether.

*Each of these "exclusive titles" will retain that distinction for 30-90 days on average, during which time most if not all will be bug fixed and upgraded for release to the PC. This also means that ~2/3--62%--are not exclusives, even for a 30-90 day period.

*37% "brand-new IP" could mean lots of things, but it also means that 63% of the games are not "brand new IP." Meaning they are "already been used" IP.

*44% of these titles will get xb1 DLC--for a price, I suppose.

*It's almost guaranteed that the xb1 games will cost at least 10%-20% more than their PC counterparts will cost either at release or very shortly thereafter.

*There are literally hundreds of games available for PC that aren't available for xb1/PS4/360/PS3 at any price, so I guess you could call them "permanently exclusive" to the PC, and there's no "xbox live" added fee and that sort of thing to consider, either.

(Merely my own views, of course...;))

I'm glad someone else sees this like I do.

The ps, xb, wii, sega, dreamcast, atari, etc... will NEVER have as many "exclusive" games as a PC gets!
AND after long enough, you can emulate 99.9% of the console games on your PC.
If you have patience and don't have to play a game right away (see backlog rofl /wrists) then it doesn't make sense to even buy a console in the first place.
Controllers, joysticks, keyboard, mouse, more peripherals, more speed, more storage, more compatibility with displays, better resolution, blah, blah, blah, truth, truth, exaltation...

(merely my opinion)

I think some of those look pretty damn awesome. As the machine will be for the whole family, I may end up with the XBox One. Minecraft, Halo, The Division, Ryse, BF4, Killer Instinct, Destiny, Plants vs. Zombies... Kids like some of those, and I still get The Division.

PS4 has some excellent ones, too. But, as far as exclusives, I'm not sure.

I prefer the Xbox controller over the PS one, too. Not that it's a huge deal, but it is there. Price isn't too concerning right now, either. I just don't know how much I'll use the Kinect, if at all, so it seems like I'm paying more for something that I won't use.

From a console vs. console standpoint, I'm leaning hard to the PS4. From the games standpoint, I like the Xbox. But, in a year, will I feel the same way? PS has some great games and developers.

the only thing I really do want is Forza 5 -- all the other games I want are hitting PC (BF4, Titanfall, WatchDogs)

I have no plans to buy either console at launch as I'll be busy gaming on a much much more powerful system.

Only thing I remotely cared about was KI but it's not enough to get me to buy the console.

Is there a similar list for PS4? I got a PS3 way late into the game, and found a lot of great games that I otherwise would have missed out on, and most Naughty Dog ones were excellent. So, I'm looking forward to see what NG can do with the PS4 (which they seem to be exclusive to). I'd like to gauge what I'm looking at for the first year or so between the two...

Really should root for xbox one considering it runs on the same dX as windows 8.1 means pc ports better and quicker.
Xbox One is a PC platform game....the learning curve shouldn't be so steep as the 360 and PS3
But it still exists it may not take the years it took for xbox 360 or ps3 but it's still there as developers find quarks and tricks they can use. The main difference between a normal PC and xbox1 is that you only need to develop for 1 platform vs the multitude of possible configurations a pc can come in so you can do somethings you can't do on a purely PC platform. Plus it's not like developers were really into making DX11 games hopefully this pushes to PC games more remove that massive overhead in DX9

Either way only people with too much money buy things at launch for consoles i wait a year before touching it.

So if not graphics whats the point of geting excited over a new generation of games?In that list all i see are remakes wich will probably use the same game egine as previous games.
ok, suggestion #2: stop buying consoles and go PC... that crowd is typically more into graphics and the games give you an edge in most cases over consoles. of course, it's less convenient, but the way things are looking for this next gen, xbox/ps4 are more like a gimped version of a PC anyways and people seem to think that might make PC gaming more accessible.

This is the way I look at it, coming from a loyal PC gamer. XBone will have most of it's triple A titles ported over to PC since they share a similar architecture now, and it's more typical for Xbox games to get migrated over. I am assuming PS4 will have less games ported over, even the top tier titles. Because of that, I will probably choose the PS4 if I pick up a console this round.

If they bring in solitaire, hearts and multiplayer mine sweeper.... sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. Your move, Sony.

Assbringer back with his usual insightful comments. :rolleyes:

Come back when the XOne is released and after 3-4 months of Microsoft telling everyone of record sales and fantastic energy from customers. It will all turn out they barely sold systems and the game sales are horrible. Simply because they had a game lineup that just didn't appeal to enough people.

Essentially, all the games are CRAP!

I notice that they are still posting Minecraft: Xbox One Edition as an "exclusive". What a crock of shit! Minecraft is coming to the PS3, the PS4 and the Vita...It just wont be the "Xbox One Edition" whatever the hell that means! Deceptive.

Back