Microsoft and Barnes & Noble Form Strategic Partnership

HardOCP News

[H] News
Barnes & Noble Inc. and Microsoft today announced the formation of a strategic partnership in a new Barnes & Noble subsidiary, which will build upon the history of strong innovation in digital reading technologies from both companies. The partnership will accelerate the transition to e-reading, which is revolutionizing the way people consume, create, share and enjoy digital content.

I wish for a MicroBarnes Noblesoft NookCourier (with 2 screens!) powered by Windows 8.

Wasn't MS awhile ago going after B&N for not paying up patent fees or something due to their Nook Color android based OS?

I love my Nook Color as a reading device and I always hated the fact there was no app available for my Windows Phone - more than likely due to the lawsuit between the two companies. Quite excited to see what will come of this. I have a feeling the Nook ecosystem will be integrated into Windows 8/Windows Phone 8 as a firsty party media portal. When you go look for movies or music in the media selection app; Nook will be right there, right alongside it.

I'm pretty excited, actually.

This how you turn lemons into lemonade. Microsoft how has something to complete with in the eBook space and a platform for dedicated Windows devices. A lot of people seem to have only looked at the Metro UI and concluded that Windows 8 will fail but there's so much more to Windows 8 than that.

Back