• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MicroSD vs M2 Memory - Which is better and why?

deadman_uk

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
2,036
I know this is a computer forum but I will ask anyway and I should be able to get good answers from here.

I have a Sony Ericsson K850i mobile phone and it comes with 512MB M2 memory. I also have a Nintendo DS Lite. Combined with the M3 Adapter, my DS has 2GB microSD memory inside. Both are physically small in size but overall, which is better? I want to replace the 512mb memory on my mobile with something larger so what should I go for? the M2 memory or the MicroSD? and why?

Thanks for the help.
 
M2 is sony, MicroSD is everybody else. beyond the stupidity that is sony, theres no real difference.
 
MicroSD is widely available, cheap, and is compatible with a massive amount of devices(anything that uses Mini, or regular SD can also read MicroSD cards with the proper adapter, which usually come with the cards when you buy them). M2 is fairly rare, very expensive, and is mostly limited to Sony devices, although with the proper adapter it can be used in other devices and card readers that support regular Memory Stick). IMO, MicroSD is much better.
 
Back
Top