MicroSD vs M2 Memory - Which is better and why?

deadman_uk

[H]ard|Gawd
I know this is a computer forum but I will ask anyway and I should be able to get good answers from here.

I have a Sony Ericsson K850i mobile phone and it comes with 512MB M2 memory. I also have a Nintendo DS Lite. Combined with the M3 Adapter, my DS has 2GB microSD memory inside. Both are physically small in size but overall, which is better? I want to replace the 512mb memory on my mobile with something larger so what should I go for? the M2 memory or the MicroSD? and why?

Thanks for the help.

M2 is sony, MicroSD is everybody else. beyond the stupidity that is sony, theres no real difference.

MicroSD is widely available, cheap, and is compatible with a massive amount of devices(anything that uses Mini, or regular SD can also read MicroSD cards with the proper adapter, which usually come with the cards when you buy them). M2 is fairly rare, very expensive, and is mostly limited to Sony devices, although with the proper adapter it can be used in other devices and card readers that support regular Memory Stick). IMO, MicroSD is much better.

Back