• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Microphones for computer use?

towert7

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
2,930
Hi all. Does anyone have any experience with professional audio recording?

I'm going to need a high quality microphone that will be fed into a computer, with a max price of about 500$.

I'm not sure what the audioble difference is between a condenser mic and a dynamic mic.

Basically, I need quality better then a 20$ dynamic mic that I already have. Something that will not pick up on things like the air from my breathing when I speak.

Does anyone have any information on this topic, or does anyknow know a good place to find information on this? Off the top of my head I don't know any forums for professional audio recording.

~Thanks
 
Hm, im surprised more people here don't do professional audio recording on hardforum.

Ah, that's too bad.
 
towert7 said:
Hm, im surprised more people here don't do professional audio recording on hardforum.

Ah, that's too bad.

It's not that, it's just that head-fi is specifically for your needs.
 
serbiaNem said:
It's not that, it's just that head-fi is specifically for your needs.
Yea, that's the surprising thing to me.

Actually, I always thought head-fi was more geared to headphones, and not pro studio audio.
 
"professional audio recording." I used your words and searched Google..the list went on forever
 
towert7 said:
Hm, im surprised more people here don't do professional audio recording on hardforum.

Ah, that's too bad.

Do you want a microphone to play counter strike? if not you're in the wrong forum! lol :D
 
Back
Top