• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

microphone, speakers echoing my voice.

firebyyrd

Gawd
Joined
Apr 27, 2006
Messages
643
I'm not really sure how to explain this, but here goes.

I have a microphone and I plug it into the microphone hole. When I talk in the microphone, my voice is coming out of the speakers.. .and some times it'll have this high-pitched noise. I don't know how to fix it, can anyone tell me how ? Thanks.
 
I'm having this problem too with the onboard audio on my shuttle sn27p2.

Windows sound recorder can record from it just fine. But it seems like nothing else can hear my mic, except me (in my ears). In bf2 I get nothing. Same thing with everything else I've tried.
 
firebyyrd said:
I'm not really sure how to explain this, but here goes.

I have a microphone and I plug it into the microphone hole. When I talk in the microphone, my voice is coming out of the speakers.. .and some times it'll have this high-pitched noise. I don't know how to fix it, can anyone tell me how ? Thanks.

mute the mic in the windows volume control. the high-pitched noise is feedback that you're getting when your mic gets too close to your speakers. muting it should solve both of your problems.
 
Back
Top