• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

microphone loops back into my speakers

pcfountain

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
101
Hi All,
I have a problem with my SB Audigy E400. When I plug my microphone in, the sound from the mic constantly loops back thru my speakers. I can turn it off by clicking mute on the microphone in my volume control, but when I do that I cannot use the mic for Ventrilo/TeamSpeak, which is the whole reason I want to use a mic in the first place. I have Windows XP.

I think this problem started when I installed the latest drivers from Creative's website. I have tried uninstalling my sound card drivers and re-installing from the original CD. No change. I have also tried uninstall/reinstall of Ventrilo with no change. But the problem happens all the time, even when I'm not running Ventrilo or anything else.

One other detail - in my device manager, an additional "Multimedia Audio Controller" device keeps showing up. If I uninstall it, Windows detects it and tries to install when I reboot. I have disabled it for the time being, but it still shows there in the device manager and I can't get rid of it, nor can I find the software to install it on my Audigy CD.

It used to work fine a couple of months ago on this same computer, no hardware changes. So I know I can get it working again if I can just get the right setup. Ideas?
 
You mute the microphone in "playback" and it won't have any feedback.

You won't be able to hear yourself talk, but it's still recording as long as it isn't muted in "recording." :p Record something in sound recorder to see.
 
Yeah.. you want your mic mutes through the windows Volume Control settings under Playback.
Under options, Properties.. select the Record button. Make sure mic is selected and press OK. Make sure Mic is selected for the recording.

You should be fine with Vent, TS, or in game chat.
 
OK, that makes sense. I could swear I tried it once and people couldn't hear me in Vent. But I'll try again when I get back home. Thanks [H]'ers!
 
Back
Top