• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Microphone Headset questions

Bluntablo

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
113
I have windows7 64bit. I have audio jacks on the front and back of my PC.

My questions is, how do I plug my mic and headset combo, which requires a mic plug and headset plug, into the front of my PC for use with Vent and other voice chat while still keeping the game sound and other audio comeing through the Speakers.

I basically want all the voice chat to go through the headset. I know how to set it to that in Vent, but a setting on my PC is making the headset over ride the speakers when I plug the headset in.

Thanks in advance.
 
You can't do that with just the included soundcard in the PC. The front and rear outputs use the same DACs so you can't have different audio going to one and the other. What you'll need is a USB sound card that you have vent talk to, and then have the game talk to your normal sound card. Something like this would do the trick.

You set Windows to use your integrated soundcard as the default device, so all the games will use it to output sound. Then you set vent to use the USB card instead of the default. That'll get you what you want.

As another option you can buy a USB headset, which is more or less a headset with one of these devices integrated in to it.
 
Werd, I knew a USB headset would let me do that, but I had no idea it functioned on a separate sound device.

I'm gonna go pick one up later today, I have a microcenter nearby and they seem to have a pretty decent selection. Any recommendations...I would like to spend $40 or less if possible.

Thanks
B
 
I would check your sound settings for the onboard sound first. Some have a little radiobox that you can turn on and off that controls whether or not the speakers get muted when another audio device is plugged into the front ports. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed from your motherboard manufacturer or you won't have a chance at seeing this option. Also, even with the right drivers, your sound chip might not support it.
 
Back
Top