Microfly/Qpack Compatibility Question

Zoogle

Gawd
Hey guys,

I figured this question would probably apply to both the QPack and the Microfly as they are very similar cases. After searching through the SFF forums and the SFF gallery, I've come to the conclusion that about 60% of the people use a Zalman 7XXX HSF, 30% use stock, and maybe 10% use water.

So I want to know, are there ANY other choices than just those three? I would like to have something better than stock but at the same time, I don't really feel like spending 30+ on the zalman either (it will be my last option). What kind of clearance can I expect if I'm using a Biostar 6100 board?

I use the Thermaltake Blue Orb II. My temps are around 29 degrees celcius idle in a room where the ambient is 26 degrees... I had to modify the back plate so that the tray would slide though. It was simple, I just had to file off a little tab...

There is a microfly review at www.sffclub.com that has dimensions on the 2nd to last page I believe. The max CPU heatsink height is the same for the Qpack.

Hope that helps!

Much thanks. Do you think it would affect the structural integrity of the case much if I dremeled off one of the support bars above the CPU area? (you know how the support bar kinda has a hole in the middle of it).

It has been done before...I wouldn't suggest cutting the whole thing in half but a little bit of it might be ok if you don't rattle the case to much.

Back