microcenter won't pricematch dell U3011 with dell.com?

dcho

Limp Gawd
microcenter has the Dell u3011 in stock for $1499 whereas dell (home, small business, etc) has it listed for $1399.

I was told by the microcenter rep that the manufacturer sells it "for less than what they tell stores to sell it for".

do i have any grounds to challenge them or am i out of luck? i'd hate to wait 2 weeks :(

thanks!

Unless Newegg has changed it's dead pixel policy, I'd never order a monitor from them no matter how good the price is.

Good to know about the HardOCP links though!

Seems a little high for a u3011. They usually have better deals pop up with some frequency if I recall. And even if there's not a published special, chat up a rep and see what they can do for you.

MicroCenter will not match pricing from any retailer - local or online. Several months back I attempted to price match a CPU cooler to a local Fry's. It was only a $5 difference. Even after threatening to drive to Fry's, which was around the corner, they wouldn't match the price.

I would watch for a deal. They come around often. In early December you could find the U3011 for around $1,100 direct from Dell. Watch Slickdeals or FatWallet and I am sure you will see something come up soon.

I would also wait for a deal from Dell, I've seen the u3011 go for as low as $1024. Dell.ca had it for $999 a couple weeks back, but they would not ship to the US/warranty problems :( I contacted a CSR and he said to hold out for promotions that will be coming soon for the u3011. Not sure what the hell that meant, but i pulled the trigger on a used one from these forums($900) and couldn't be happier!

Online price matching is always tough with b&m stores. setup deal alerts at slickdeals and sit back and wait!

A number of stores are hurting for $$$. There are 2 ways to go. Match or no match. Best Buy has the same policy now of not matching online price. Unless there is a true loss to the company the best policy would be to match because some money is always better than no money. It is not like these items are in limited supply. These companies miss the forest for the trees sometime.

hey guys, UPDATE: Good news!

I wasn't convinced by the rep on the phone so went into the store and talked to someone actually in the monitor dept about price matching with dell - no problem. had to pay sales tax but i was willing to do it instead of waiting 2 weeks :D

I would also wait for a deal from Dell, I've seen the u3011 go for as low as $1024. Dell.ca had it for $999 a couple weeks back, but they would not ship to the US/warranty problems :( I contacted a CSR and he said to hold out for promotions that will be coming soon for the u3011. Not sure what the hell that meant, but i pulled the trigger on a used one from these forums($900) and couldn't be happier!

Online price matching is always tough with b&m stores. setup deal alerts at slickdeals and sit back and wait!

ouch thats rough esp considering the u3011 i bought from dell.ca was shipped to me from texas

ouch thats rough esp considering the u3011 i bought from dell.ca was shipped to me from texas

Damn, you got lucky!! The rep i talked to on the phone said it was mostly due to warranty replacements and their facilities in Canada etc. Glad it worked out for you and that i know its possible now!!

Back