Microcenter - Tustin - Corsair Air 240 $25.59 (open box)

wirerogue

Limp Gawd
i just picked up on of these and thought i would share with you guys.

mine was 100% complete and not a single flaw.

i guess they really want to get rid of these.

only 2 left. better hurry.

air.240.jpg

i decided to use the other half of my brain and bought the last one too. sorry guys :(

I literally live a block away from a MC, and all of their open box cases are battered up and dented and missing fans, similar to their display cases. Chances are, that is what you will be getting.

Yeah, when it says "open box" in the title of the product (and it's found by sorting by "refurbished" rather than "open box"), I've found they're usually basically complete retail packaged items, just that were opened, but likely never used, and re-taped shut. Most of the ones I've seen like this at my local MC have been Corsair models (300R, Air 240, SPEC-02, etc.). I think I paid $45 for the Air 240 last June. The actual open box ones (they're often the ones that were previously display models) are usually beat up or missing a lot of parts, but you do find occasional gems. I think I paid like $24 for an open box Fractal Design Node 304 that was missing the mesh filter on one side and didn't have the original box, but otherwise had everything else (i.e. accessory box). Also, being non-yellow sticker items, you should be able to use the $5 retailmenot coupon once you get to $30. Since the price is a bit over $25, literally anything that you get that's around $5 ends up basically being free with that coupon (I'd usually end up just getting a Raspberry Pi Zero, basically free).

Back