Microcenter Has Taken Down All P/H 67 Boards !

the sata 3gb ports "degrade" over time. its not something that your gonna notice right away.

mmkay?

No need to get snippy. Mine has been rock solid too. I don't have anything on the 3gb ports, just two SSDs hanging off the 6gb ports.

Yes, there is an issue with the board. The issue doesn't mean it can't be worked around. Got two or less hard drives? Use the 6gb ports, even if your drives are 3gb. Many people can go this route for now.

My particular build is an ASUS P8P67 Revolution board with two Crucial 6gb SSDs in RAID 0 off the 6gb ports. The four 3gb ports (only these ports are affected) are hooked up to the hotswap bays on my Corsair Obsidian 800D case. I have no drives in there right now. My two Blu-Ray drives are hanging off the Marvell 6gb ports. I probably would not have noticed a problem for awhile. My build has been extemely stable and I am quite happy with it. I'll continue to run this configuration for awhile and when ASUS has their recall procedure established, I'll swap it out.

Looks like most e-stores are not selling the SB CPU's either! Why?

*citation needed*

really? REALLY?

you know something we dont?? lol end of the month?

http://newsroom.intel.com/community...es-chipset-design-error-implementing-solution

Not sure if I know something you don't... did you read the first two paragraphs of the source? If not here are two excerpts:

"Intel has corrected the design issue, and has begun manufacturing a new version of the support chip which will resolve the issue."

And... "The company expects to begin delivering the updated version of the chipset to customers in late February and expects full volume recovery in April."

I think stating that a fix is in production (quote 1 above) and that the parts will take a few weeks hitting OEMs by end of February (quote 2 above) is in-line with Intel's official statements required to be disclosed by SEC regulations involving a material impact to Intel's business.

Also, both of Anand's posts on the subject explain, and I talked to two motherboard vendors yesterday about it.

Go freakin figure!:mad: All set to get my refund soon and of course this happens! Was really looking forward to a SB build. Now how long do I have to wait???:mad::mad:

i7-950 route! Only $200 bucks now! Couple that with a nice Rampage III board, you're going to spend the same as an i7-2600k build but with a much better motherboard!

Back