Microcenter deals

wizang

Gawd
So somehow I've managed to find myself in the same town as a microcenter (never happens, i live on the west coast) at the same time I'm doing a build soon. I know microcenter has the best price on CPUs and sometimes mobo/cpu combos. I plan on doing a mini itx 4670k/4770k build. Are there any hot deals right now I should look for while there? CPU mobo is probably about the limit my bags will hold for the trip home.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/f09f9daf

theres the latest catalog with all their deals... the only thing you really want to buy from them is the CPU/MOBO combos and possibly an SSD and RAM if it happens to be on sale or combo-able.. the rest of the store is expensive, its where they make all their money back. Don't get me wrong I sometimes will pay the premium for the I gotta have it right now factor and its not terrible on some items. You will see if you hit the store up.

Quick Tip: page 33/4 for the CPU/Mobo combos

Last edited:
MC actually stocks some interesting ITX mobos: Evga Stinger at the high end, or the ASRock Z87e-itx as a more mid-range board would be my picks. They also stock the Asus Maximus Impact, but I'd pass due to Asus warranty situation.

4670k/4770k is up to you, both give the same mobo combo discount.

Thanks for replies. So i took a look at that pdf, the ASRock Z87e-itx shows $140 after combo discount, which doesn't really beat anywhere else you could buy it from and I pay no sales tax in oregon. However, finding it on their website shows its $140 before any sort of combo discount. So would it really be $110+price of CPU for the combo in store?

Probably a little late, but yes it would be $110 after combo savings. You can actually add the CPU/mobo deals to your cat online and the discounts will be applied, MC just won't ship them...pick up only.

Most of the time CPU deals are in store only. Would love to have some items shipped. Would beat spending a morning driving/shopping/driving home.

Although my last MC safari did save me over $100.00 vs buying online/new/used.

Also keep in mind MC will also price match if you do find a better deal!

Back